Next Thread
Print Thread
#656917 16/11/19 11:44 AM
DuncanB Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi All,
I noticed while the combat box was open today that a message appeared saying Test had joined the game. I've got Multiplayer switched off so guess this is some kind of support account connecting?? Any idea what?

Cheers,
Duncan

Support
Support

No, there shouldn't be any support accounts joining.

Was a character removed from your control?

Did you open the Connectivity menu (from the in-game menu) and make sure online visibility was off (or invite only) and that LAN and Direct Connection were disabled? You should have also been able to kick any players that joined from there.

DuncanB Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks Raze,
LAN and Direct Connect were both disabled, I didn't check online visibility and couldn't see any joined players. I'd had a couple of crashes earlier and put it down to some kind of automated debugger but maybe not. I'll look more closely if I see it again (I don't usually have that window opened I just happened to miss some dialogue that I went looking for)

I still had all 4 characters tiles showing and they were still following

Cheers,
Duncan

Last edited by DuncanB; 16/11/19 09:34 PM. Reason: answering lost character control Q
DuncanB Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A belated update. It happens most (all) games, no one shows up in the connectivity menu as connected, all options for connections are disabled, and...

It happens even when the PC is disconnected from the internet. I assume it's something internal to the game, beta channel is off. It's easy to miss so
maybe it happens for everyone. Would be nice to know what/why but it would seem to cause no harm.

Cheers,
Duncan

Support
Support

In that case... is your game profile called 'Test'?
The combat log will always start with '<ProfileName> joined the game' when you load a save.

DuncanB Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
LOL smile Is there a sheepish icon, yes I called my profile Test. No idea why, all explained.

Thanks Raze!

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard