Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi

I am having issues joining my friend via Direct Connect.
4 friends made a game together (1 on GOG and 3 on Steam - I'm on GOG). We made our characters and have had several sessions together over the last couple of years, and we are near the end. Suddenly I am unable to Direct Connect to my friends game.
My other two friends are still able to join. I get a 'Connection Failed' error and if I check the logs I see "Punchthrough failed event received but GUID doesn't match lobby owner GUID"

Some trouble-shooting we have tried:
- uninstalling and reinstalling the game.
- Made sure there were no firewall blocking.
- Made sure we were not on a VPN
- Game versions are the same.
- Tried joining as the first player. Could still not connect, but friends are able to join at will.
- I tried making a new game, and same friend has an issue joining my game.
- reset network config.
- tried both classic and definitive as both host and player.

Thanks

Support
Support

Did you try Direct Connection using an IP address?
The other options would be LAN (using VPN software, such as Hamachi or Tunngle) or Discord invites.

Can you join the other two friends, if they start a new game or (if available) load an existing save?

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs before starting the game, especially anti-virus and anything network related (utility or monitoring programs, etc)?

Have you tried joining anyone else?

Have you tried hosting/joining an Arena match?

Try going into Arena mode, create an arena, open the Connectivity menu and check the settings, then exit to the main menu and try joining. Alternately, create a multiplayer game lobby, exit and try joining.

If you are using any mods (though it doesn't sound like it), try testing in a new profile without any mods enabled.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard