Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#657469 03/12/19 11:30 AM
OP Offline
I've started my second run, because one of the mods I'm playing with became outdated and the author changed it completely, so the save can't be loaded anymore. Anyway I left Fort Joy, just reached the swamps and the cat thanked me for rescuing him and stuff and stuff and stuff, when he eventually got to the point, he quoted his master, the wizard, who left him behind. I don't see it mentioned anywhere, but perhaps I'm not looking in the right places, anyway the guy rhymes a lot, it seems, so is this cat actually Bellegar's? Because there's hardly more famous rhyming wizard in Rivellon. Did Bellegar appear in earlier games? I know, that he does in Divinity II: Developer's Cut/Dragon Knight Saga, but that's a later (newer) installment, so the cat wouldn't work much as an easter egg, or anything (well perhaps Bellegar is in fact the easter egg to his cat? Like we'll finally meet the cat's master in person in Divinity II, I guess?).

Levianne #657470 03/12/19 03:04 PM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Bellegar also appears in Original Sin (I mean original Original Sin, i.e. D:OS rather than D:OS2, which they should've called Unoriginal Sin) but I don't recall him putting in an appearance elsewhere. My first memory, admittedly starting with ED, is just of some rhyming nutter appearing out of nowhere for no apparent reason. Which seems to be as good a reason as any.

J'aime le fromage.
Levianne #657473 03/12/19 06:52 PM
OP Offline
Well I haven't played D:OS, so I know him only from D2: DevCut/DKS for the hell he gave me there, be it his challenges, or later his attempts at stopping me. But I really like his cat here, if it is his cat, that is.

Levianne #657519 05/12/19 10:52 AM
I personaly don't see Bellegar having a pet cat. Maybe this wizard was actually Maxos? It's could be even Rraccus Rex himself who became bored with the cat,

Levianne #657551 06/12/19 07:45 AM
OP Offline
Well yes, it could be anyone of those, but neither of these guys rhymed, there's a lot of evidence about them and non quotes them in rhyming pattern, the only ever rhyming mage/wizard was/is Bellegar still. And why wouldn't he have a cat familiar? Even Zandalor had one (well Arhu wasn't really his familiar and not even a real cat, but still you could say that they both acted at least that way). Bellegar's good heart fits into the story of the cat, leaving it in the library to protect it. There were only Magisters there and they were thought to be good overall, you know the Divine Order and stuff. All that with Dallis and her experiments was kept secret.

Levianne #657552 06/12/19 08:35 AM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Wizards and cats is just a thing; and Bellegar is notorious as Rivellon's rhyming mage, so I doubt it could be anybody else!

J'aime le fromage.
Levianne #657866 21/12/19 06:30 PM
stranger
stranger
I remember thinking that the cat was somehow related to Arhu when I first played the game, but I kinda doubt that now.

https://www.gamersdecide.com/articles/divinity-original-sin-2-best-talents

Last edited by paleluna; 22/12/19 02:38 PM.
Levianne #657871 22/12/19 03:52 AM
C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
Off topic but seems better then starting a new thread. Is it normal for "Peep" to disappear? After it's adoption, it followed me but, when I found it's dad, it was nowhere to be found. I imagine it could have strayed into a poison cloud or something ---

Support
Support

I wouldn't call it normal, but it isn't unusual for him to disappear, if he gets damage going through a surface, or hit accidentally when you are moving things around when looting, etc.

If you load previous saves, you should be able to find when he disappeared, which may narrow down where, and what happened, depending on how much time there is between the last was where he was following and the first where he was gone.

If you wish, and you are playing on PC, you can email supportdos2@larian.com with your latest save (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc), and I may be able to find / restore him in the developer build of the game. If you are using any non-Larian mods, also include a list of those enabled and/or the modsettings.lsx file from your profile folder.
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames\Story' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder' (and similarly in OSX/Finder).

Raze #657889 23/12/19 12:15 AM
C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
I appreciate the offer but it's not that big of a deal with me. I'll be playing again using other characters as the lead. My instincts said to kill it but I wanted to see where it all led. I keep just three saves then over write but perhaps I might find "Peep" with the auto-saves.

I thought I loss Sir what's his name that way - clearing out some poison with flame and he rode right into it and lost 75% health. At least he didn't swear at me like the frog did. smile

Levianne #657890 23/12/19 12:27 AM
OP Offline
You can heal Sir What's-His-Name, you know. Or you can use a mod, that can resurrect him. Sometimes he's more trouble than ... eh just trouble then. I still love him anyway, I'm a squirrel type overall.

Levianne #657892 23/12/19 06:02 AM
C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
Yeah, I did heal him. Plenty of poison in the area needing burned.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard