Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Lepence Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello,
I was happily playing yesterday with my friends a multiplayer session, since this morning (nothing changed on my mac) i am not able to reach servers online. It says that i am not connected at all, "no online community detected" on options, and no connections when i click on story>multiplayer.

My firewall is not activated, i've checked already permissions and nothing changed since yesterday. Tried to restart mac, router, steam, the offline/online steam, eventual restrictions on app and Steam or Divinity 2 are not in the list; i really tried everything found on internet but nothing happened.

Please help me! :(

About my Mac: macOS Catalina, v. 10.15.1
iMac (Retina 5k, 27-inch, Late 2015)
Processor 3,2 GHz Quad-COre Intel i5
Memory 8gb 1867 MHz DDr3
Graphics AMD Radeon R9 M390 2 gb

Support
Support

Is Steam online?

Does Steam list the game as running after it is started?

Try doing a clean boot and then test the game. Log out of Steam, exit the client, restart your Mac and hold the Shift key down as soon as the progress bar comes up in the startup window, releasing it after the desktop appears (alternately, from the login window, hold the Shift key when you click the Log In button, and release it when you see the Dock), then restart Steam, log in and try the game.

Try creating a new OSX administrator user account (either with the Documents folder in the default location, or on a different drive, if available), switch to that account and try starting the game from there.

Have you tried different ways to join? Other than Steam friend invites, there is also Direct Connection, with a Server ID (which the host can get in the Connectivity Menu after starting a new game or loading a save) or IP address. In the latter case, it can help if the host sets up port forwarding in their router to connect to the PC (ports 23253-23262 and 23243-23252), and then the clients should be able to connect to the external IP address.
LAN may be an option, but if you are not on the same local network, it would require VPN software, such as Hamachi or Tunngle (IIRC one of them has a Mac version).
If you use Discord, that may also be an option.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Hey Guys,

I have same issue.
Game was purchased and installed via steam client the normal way, but after it was downloaded it could not start at all. There was no error message, it just did not start. So I went to the hidden steam folder
D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldurs Gate 3\bin and started the launcher exe from there just to test it. It worked but again of course the "no online community detected" ., it is a steam optimization issue. I have checked all files, disabled overlay under steam but it didn't work. I will try reinstall the game now and let you know if it works.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard