Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
https://www.metro.co.uk/2019/12/06/...eveals-not-resident-evil-3-11281222/amp/

10 new games well get announcements/reveals and while it's already announced, I'm wondering if we might see the first reveal of actual game play/character creation?

stranger
stranger
I highly doubt it, although at the same time I'd love to see anything related to Baldur's Gate 3 at The Game Awards. Let's just believe that Larian knows what it's doing and the studio will lift the veil of secrecy when it's ready to do so.
Have a nice day everyone!

enthusiast
enthusiast
You can bet it will be https://thegameawards.com/news/game-awards-welcomes-googles-phil-harrison-advisory-board
Stadia needs positive PR now and a trailer for BG3 would be exactly that

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Hawke
You can bet it will be https://thegameawards.com/news/game-awards-welcomes-googles-phil-harrison-advisory-board
Stadia needs positive PR now and a trailer for BG3 would be exactly that

That is an excellent point, Stadia has been taking a beating and it really could use something like revealing BG gameplay to boost its PR and build excitement.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I'm hearing runours that there will be more revealed at the Game Awards Show about BG3, and interestingly enough Infernal Tides #1 the Comic book tie in to BG: DiA, is being released the day before the Game Awards Show December 11, with GAS being December 12.

enthusiast
enthusiast
https://twitter.com/thegameawards/status/1204829128400130048?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1204829128400130048&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2F2%2Ftwitter.min.html%231204829128400130048

Update i fear we are only getting news about the other DND game
https://twitter.com/Wizards_DnD/status/1204823059900686336?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1204823059900686336&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2F2%2Ftwitter.min.html%231204823059900686336

Last edited by Hawke; 11/12/19 07:06 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
https://twitter.com/thegameawards/status/1204829128400130048?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1204829128400130048&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2F2%2Ftwitter.min.html%231204829128400130048

https://twitter.com/Wizards_DnD/status/1204823059900686336?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1204823059900686336&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2F2%2Ftwitter.min.html%231204823059900686336

It could be both.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I want to believe but I have serious doubts that they will show 3 games.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand

3? I know they are going to reveal Tuque Studios D&D game and hopeful Larian will reveal some BG details/game play, what would the 3rd be?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Some Magic MMO

Last edited by Hawke; 11/12/19 11:12 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Some Magic MMO

Surely another MMO doesn't count?

old hand
OP Offline
old hand

It's been suggested on Reddit it could be Harshnag in the picture which could suggest it's an adaption of Storm Kjngs Thunder https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Harshnag

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I

It's was suggested it was going to be a big day for WotC, so perhaps it will be all 3 games being revealed, perhaps that is why Larian has been holding their powder for so long as has Cryptic and Tuque Studios, a joint reveal was planned all along, but some stuff leaked out about BG3 earlier then intended, so they released just enough to address the rumours. Just a guess.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I will watch the show anyway mostly for other game trailers though.

Last edited by Hawke; 12/12/19 01:46 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I will watch the show anyway mostöy for other game trailers though.

I might watch as well.

veteran
veteran
Yup, I'm only looking forward to what gets revealed about the game Tuque is making.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by kanisatha
Yup, I'm only looking forward to what gets revealed about the game Tuque is making.

If you think BG3 is too casual then you will love their game.

Last edited by Hawke; 12/12/19 11:08 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Haven't I told you this will be shat

Last edited by Hawke; 13/12/19 03:20 AM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Haven't I told you this will be shat

I wanted to give Tuque Studios the benifit of the doubt, that was clearly a huge mistake. It's a Dark Alliance sequel sort of, but with Drizzt and the Companions of the Hall (except for Regis, who was my favourite companion), so this game is basically for Drizzt/BG: Dark Alliance fans whose experience of the Forgotten Realms is only Drizzt novels and who have likely have only played actions games and who have never played a true RPG in their life.

I spent the night staying up to 11:37pm to find out I would have been better served going to bed early instead of watching that horrible Game Awards Show, I mean only tiny slivers of entertainment.

It appears the Larian Studios getting BG3 was a fluke for WotC.

Gears Tactics, Humanity, and Ruined King by League of Legends seemed interesting, and at least the final fantasy boob reductions have stopped, although redoing Final Fantasy 7 as a action game is just pure wrong.

enthusiast
enthusiast
You guys are being too negative. Who needs trailers in this day and age anyway? I am absolutely positive Dark Alliance will be a home run. It is being made by Tuque after all. Their previous games - er game says it all.

S
veteran
veteran
S
man those animaitons are pure cringe.
Dont get me started on drizzt.

And dont you dare shittalk BG Dark Alliance just because its an ARPG.
THe games in that series (And champions of norrath which is basically the same game) are great.
This probably wont be.
Who looks at DnD and thinks "yeah i bet people will want to play high level novel protagonists from the 90s instead of their own character"

veteran
veteran
My thoughts of that was that it seemed to be really cool if it has VR mode. The music choice made me scrunch my nose with a few grimaces however.

stranger
stranger
That was the worst trailer I've seen in a long time.

It also sounds like a total waste of the D&D license.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Lying Dandy
That was the worst trailer I've seen in a long time.

It also sounds like a total waste of the D&D license.

Yep, it looked aweful, sounded worse, and it was the wrong genre, D&D belongs being either TB CRPG, RTwP, or 4x TB, let the Witcher and Project 2077 and simular games/settings have ARPGs, not D&D.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Sordak
man those animaitons are pure cringe.
Dont get me started on drizzt.

And dont you dare shittalk BG Dark Alliance just because its an ARPG.
THe games in that series (And champions of norrath which is basically the same game) are great.
This probably wont be.
Who looks at DnD and thinks "yeah i bet people will want to play high level novel protagonists from the 90s instead of their own character"

It might be good by the standard of ARPGs, the bar is low after all, but it's the wrong type of game for D&D, D&D games & their settings should not be ARPGs, or Idle games or other assorted crap. And I will shit talk any none TB/RtWP CRPG or 4x D&D game because they all suck and are an abuse of the setting. Just say no to ARPGs.

WotC should have just bought Tactical Studios which is making an ACTUAL D&D CRPG.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Hasbro is not interested in making complex games their strategy is about maximising profits with their existing IPs. You can thank Larian that we are getting at least one game that takes the license seriously.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Hasbro is not interested in making complex games their strategy is about maximising profits with their existing IPs. You can thank Larian that we are getting at least one game that takes the license seriously.

Lol that's a good one, mate. grin

S
veteran
veteran
S
wrong.
DnD ARPGs are certainly not unknown and again the Dark Alliance series were a bunch o realy good games that actually got the adventure feeling down very well.
But the trailer looked amateurish in temrs of animation, Drizzt is a terrible character, and using preestablished characters in RPGs, even if its ARPGs is stupid

enthusiast
enthusiast
wrong.
DnD ARPGs are certainly not unknown and again the Dark Alliance series were a bunch o realy good games that actually got the adventure feeling down very well.
But the trailer looked amateurish in temrs of animation, Drizzt is a terrible character, and using preestablished characters in RPGs, even if its ARPGs is stupid

I had a lot of fun playing DA2 with my sibling back in the day. The trailer certainly isn't AAA material but to their credit it shows a little gameplay and if there is decent character development it might end up being better than BG3. You heard it here first.

S
veteran
veteran
S
youre literaly playing drizzt and his buddies, how much character development do you think theres gonna be.
Honestly, you might like this game better than BG3, if you prefer diablo style ARPGs to CRPGs.
Judging by your post history, you probably dont.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand

Maybe when DA bombs and BG3 break records WotC will finally get it through their thick skulls that the D&D and FR brands are not compatible with just sort of game they decide to slap a D&D style coat of paint on. The majority of D&D fans have certain expectations for any game with the D&D name on it, expectations that can't be filled with just any sort of game, especially one that is in one of the most over saturated types of games, the ARPG. This is one of the reasons Larian stopped making ARPGs and found greater success with TB games, they didn't want to compete with every AAA company and their brother plus a zillion independents all fight for space for their next crappy ARPG. Even ARPG fans, of which I believe only a minority of D&D fans are, won't pick a DA over a Witcher 3 or Cyberspunk 2077 or one if the other actual AAA list ARPGs.

Tuque Studios took on an underserved level of arrogance given they have only some slightly successful diablo clone game under their belt, a undeserved confidence that allowed them to con Chris Cocks into making a huge mistake and then go all in on that huge mistake. And go deeper as Tuque Studio uses WotC money to rapidly expand.

There are two ways out of this disaster. Buy an actually proper RPG studio like Tactical Studios or Owlcat and merge it into Tuque Studios, and start making proper D&D games, that feel like D&D authentically, or just sell Larian Studios with a sweet liciencing deal for D&D and MtG games, given Larian already owns a a montreal Studio hungry for talent and staff, and will likely want to expand after BG3 coming huge success. This would allow Larian to very rapidly expand their productivity and output, very quickly, by absorbing a full team. Then use that money buy a small fantasy novel publisher going back to what WotC is actually good at, Forgotten Realms, Dragonlance, other setting and MtG novels (okay not every novel was gold, but they sold well at least, the best sellers Chris Cocks mentions). I think the latter is the smartest move.

veteran
veteran
I agree that trailer does not give me much confidence, and I am one who did not care for the BG:DA games at all. But the game being an open world third-person AAA action RPG is NOT what's a problem with it for me. I loved DA:I and Witcher 3 and think games like those are great fun to play. I'm just skeptical that Tuque is going to produce a high quality game here. Just because a game follows the classic RPG script does not mean it is automatically going to be good, case in point being the D:OS games for me. As such, a game being an action RPG doesn't automatically make it bad either.

The one thing that does matter is that it should have offline single-player mode. If it doesn't have that, then I'm definitely out.

veteran
veteran
Btw, in that trailer, when you get to the end the credits come up and then there's a very brief added little bit you get to see - the part where a dragon flies past. Someone from Tuque has confirmed that that little bit is more along the lines of what gameplay will actually look like in the game and not the main part of the trailer. And even that little bit is pre-alpha.

S
veteran
veteran
S
man please dont talk about arrogance.
WOTC basically told them to make this game and again, the Dark Alliance games were well liked.
But overall it doesnt look great, and snowblind studios is just .... better than these guys. but snowblind are now subsumed into those guys making the Shadow of War lotr games, which is probably also why those games are successfull

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Okay I've calmed down and gotten over and have decided to stop bashing DA, frankly its not my problem and I still have BG3, Solasta, and Wrath of the Righteous to look forward to, so succeed or fail its Tuque and WotC problem.

S
veteran
veteran
S
Its not like there has been a shortage of DnD games, there just havent been any actually good ones for a long time now.
The new pathfinder game is probably gonna be nice if its just a new adventure path in the same engine
I dont realy see the point in Solasta, its mostly meant as a video game you can DM for.
Divinity tried this and nobody used it

enthusiast
enthusiast
Its not like there has been a shortage of DnD games, there just havent been any actually good ones for a long time now.
The new pathfinder game is probably gonna be nice if its just a new adventure path in the same engine
I dont realy see the point in Solasta, its mostly meant as a video game you can DM for.
Divinity tried this and nobody used it

What are you talking about, Solasta is a single-player RPG with no editor or multiplayer whatsoever

Last edited by Hawke; 16/12/19 01:28 PM.
S
veteran
veteran
S
then im thinking of the wrong one maybe, theres been several OGL games as of late

C
stranger
stranger
C
Hi Sordak. I assume you are refering to "Realms beyond". Its a 3.5 based game where they aspire to make it possible to create your own adventures on par with the excellent "forgotten realms unlimited adventures". I backed it on kickstarter and awaits its arrival with anticipation.

veteran
veteran
Realms Beyond is also a single-player classic RPG with no multiplayer.

stranger
stranger
Ah , it's about 7 month, there's still nothing useful update but some rumor and Swen's interview. Just curious, what's going on? They said info will reveal soon several times but none.

stranger
stranger
I must admit that the situation is a bit worrying but at the same time I think that if we finally get to know something about the game we will be surprised greatly. Maybe a big gameplay reveal is closer than we may think. At least thats what I hope for.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by junislee
Ah , it's about 7 month, there's still nothing useful update but some rumor and Swen's interview. Just curious, what's going on? They said info will reveal soon several times but none.

Yeah so far, so unimpressed by their PR. Why even announce the game and then go into virtual radio silence. I want to know what is going on.

Support
Support

BG3 was being included in the Stadia announcement, and there were already rumours of the game's development and a previous leak (though a third hand source, so it didn't gain much traction at the time) that was starting to get more corroboration. I don't know how long it could have been delayed before there would be nothing left to announce.

enthusiast
enthusiast

Originally Posted by Omegaphallic

Yeah so far, so unimpressed by their PR. Why even announce the game and then go into virtual radio silence. I want to know what is going on.

Haven't you heard? Larian has filed bankruptcy and an international arrest warrant has been issued for Swen. He was last seen speeding off into the distance in a red convertible that was chock-full of what appeared to be bags of cash and gold bars about a few months ago. His Twitter account is being handled by a holdover employee who posts old photos and links to non-existent Kickstarter campaigns because they're too embarrassed to admit what is going on. Stay tuned for more details.
/s

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by korotama

Originally Posted by Omegaphallic

Haven't you heard? Larian has filed bankruptcy and an international arrest warrant has been issued for Swen. He was last seen speeding off into the distance in a red convertible that was chock-full of what appeared to be bags of cash and gold bars about a few months ago. His Twitter account is being handled by a holdover employee who posts old photos and links to non-existent Kickstarter campaigns because they're too embarrassed to admit what is going on. Stay tuned for more details.
/s

Okay now I know your smoking pot. Good stuff too.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Kuwabara, kuwabara. I read the New York Times and CNN online every once in a while. They're much more potent (and affordable) than pot. Millennial casuals have such terrible credit scores they wouldn't know a good deal if it hit them on the head with a baseball bat so I understand where you're coming from.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by korotama
Kuwabara, kuwabara. I read the New York Times and CNN online every once in a while. They're much more potent (and affordable) than pot. Millennial casuals have such terrible credit scores they wouldn't know a good deal if it hit them on the head with a baseball bat so I understand where you're coming from.

MSM will rot your brain, your better off smoking pot.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard