Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#658073 03/01/20 11:47 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi,

Just got DOS2 on the Switch and every time I start the game it keep asking me to log in to my Steam account to sync the saves. Is this normal as I would have thought that I would have only had to do this once? Is there something that I need to do on my Steam account to stop this happening.

Thanks in advanced for any help.

Support
Support

No, that is not normal, but a couple of people have reported this.

Try disabling cross saves, restart the Switch, run the game and enable cross saves, and see if that helps.

If you start the game from a different user account, if available, does that save the login information properly? (not sure if you could have different Switch accounts linked to different Steam profiles)

Try removing the local data from the console, to force a reset in the game settings, where the Steam token should be saved, to hopefully get it working properly.
- Ensure saves have been synced with the Steam cloud, to make sure you don't loose any progress. You can check in the Steam version of the game, or there are a couple of other methods (see below).
- In System Settings, Data Management, Delete Save Data, delete the D:OS 2 data.
- Start the game again and log in to the Steam account, making sure the Steam profile is correct.
- Download at least the latest saves.

Try clearing your Steam client cloud cache: exit out of Steam, in the Steam install folder browse to the 'userdata' folder and find the game's folder ('435150'; it will be in a numbered folder which is different for each user), then delete the 'remote' folder and remotecache.vdf file there, restart Steam and then D:OS 2. If there are multiple Steam ID folders with '435150' subfolders, delete the contents of each.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<SteamID>\435150

On PC, other than restarting the game, you can confirm what saves have been synced online with the program Steam Cloud File Manager Lite (download); it can also download, delete or upload saves. You need to be logged in to the Steam client and have the game's AppID (435150).

Alternately, you can log into Steam in a browser and use this link (this will also let you download saves, but you would need to manually rename them, as Steam combines the path and name together for the online name).

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks for replying but after tying all the above its still happening. I've deleted all associated games files off the Switch a few times and tried everything again but its still asking me to log in every time I start the game. They syncing is working perfectly between Switch and Steam and vice verse, its just I have to log back into steam every time I start the game with is incredibly annoying.

Support
Support

Can you try connecting through a different network, and see if that makes a difference? (mobile phone's hotspot, work/school, etc)

What firmware version is your Switch at (check under System Settings, System) and what region are you in?

Did you adjust your DNS to enable the web browser? If so, can you log in to Steam through the browser?
The login page the Switch should go through is here.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Just tried all the above and I'm still having to login every time. Tried running the game with my Switch connected to my phone and same result, Logged in through the browser and also same result.

My firmware version is 9.1.0 and region is Europe.

Support
Support

I'll check with the Switch programmers about this.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks, much appreciated. If you need any further info please feel free to ask.

stranger
stranger
Hello, I'm so sorry to necro this thread, but I am experiencing the same troubles, and I'd like to see if I can offer any additional information about this.

I own DE on Steam and Switch (digital download). After I log in with my Steam credentials on Switch, everything works just as expected. I have access to all my PC saves with no problems playing, loading, saving, or syncing new saves to the cloud and my PC.

I have tried most of the suggestions above, including a new idea that occurred to me. I had the game installed on my Switch SD Card, so I moved it into the internal storage to see if that would change anything. It did not, unfortunately.

I have also experienced this issue both docked (wired via ethernet) and handheld (wireless home network).

I'm on Switch firmware 10.0.4, NA region.

Again, sorry for the necro, it just appears that this issue hasn't been resolved. My steam password is long and randomized by a password manager, so I would rather not have to enter the password every single time I want to play in bed.

Last edited by ItsSteve; 20/06/20 04:45 PM.
Support
Support

Unfortunately, I don't think this issue has been reproducible, which makes it more difficult to track down what the problem may be.
I will forward this to the programmer who was looking in to this.

stranger
stranger
I'm sorry to necro this thread again, but I also suffer from this issue.

Bought DOS2 on Switch in August.
My Steam account is protected by a long password (+20 chars) and Steam Guard (the 2-factor auth method of Steam).

Every time I launch DOS2 on my Switch I have to login to Steam again. After this, the biderectional sync works flawlessly.

DOS2 is installed on my SD card. I already tried moving it to the main Switch memory. I also tried removing the saved data from the Switch system and start over. The problem remains.
My Switch is on the latest Nintendo firmware.

I am located in Belgium, so if it would be _any_ help, I'd be willing to have my Switch collected for solving this at Larian HQ.

Last edited by Forceflow; 08/09/20 08:27 PM.
Support
Support

Thank you. I will pass on your offer, and check if there has been any update (though wouldn't expect so, with no system currently that this can be reproduced on and no obvious source of the problem when this was looked into previously).

EDIT: right now everyone is quite busy leading up to the BG3 Early Access release, but I will check again about this next month.

Last edited by Raze; 09/09/20 11:00 AM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze

Thank you. I will pass on your offer, and check if there has been any update (though wouldn't expect so, with no system currently that this can be reproduced on and no obvious source of the problem when this was looked into previously).

EDIT: right now everyone is quite busy leading up to the BG3 Early Access release, but I will check again about this next month.

Of course.

To the other people in this thread: did you have Steam Guard enabled? Maybe the 2FA is part of the problem? smirk

Support
Support

Two factor authentication shouldn't cause a problem. It wouldn't hurt to try disabling Steam Guard temporarily to test, though.

stranger
stranger
Got an update for you guys!

As part as my regular "change important passwords (mailbox, bank accounts, huge gaming platforms with thousands of games :p) regularly", I performed the following steps yesterday:

- Disable Steam Guard
- Change my Steam password (to something equally long and complicated as before)
- Re-enable Steam Guard

Without thinking about it, I was on the couch yesterday, did the dreaded Steam login to play DOS2, played for a bit, switched to another game, the switched to DOS2 again and ... I didn't have to login again? I verified by restarting my console: my "always having to login" problem is gone.

I can't for the life of me figure out how changing my Steam password influenced this problem (maybe my +1yr old password - yes, the shame - was stored in a ... different way in the Steam Auth API?) Nothing else in my environment has changed: it's still the same Switch hardware on the same network, with the same Steam account, on the same game install.

So, to the other people in this thread (who probably aren't around anymore, but still): Try changing your Steam password to something new and fresh.

Last edited by Forceflow; 12/09/20 10:30 AM.
Support
Support

Thank you for the update. I will pass this on to the Switch programmers.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard