Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand

enthusiast
enthusiast
The planned reveal is still a long way off, isn't it? If I had to take a wild guess I'd say a new issue of the Gazette is in the works. I'm glad he is having fun with the current build of BG3, fingers crossed most fans will share his sentiments.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Omegaphallic

Means absolutely nothing, unless you start from scratch(no one does that these days) you should be able to create playable test levels in your engine within days.

apprentice
apprentice
Well, if the development started in early 2018 (lets say they took few months of break after D:OS 2 to get the license and create an initial idea how BG 3 will look like) the game is alrdy 2 years in development, which means they have probably finished most of the game. Now they are gonna polish a lot of stuff and add this or that to the game, or few new levels, extra mechanics, additional secrets, gameplay balance and so. I might be wrong though, hopefully we will see soon at what stage the development is.

Hi btw, its my first post on the forum, been fan of Larian games since Divine Divinity :)

Last edited by BananowePole; 13/02/20 12:40 AM.

You will face many defeats in life, but never let yourself be defeated - Maya Angelou
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by BananowePole
Well, if the development started in early 2018 (lets say they took few months of break after D:OS 2 to get the license and create an initial idea how BG 3 will look like) the game is alrdy 2 years in development, which means they have probably finished most of the game. Now they are gonna polish a lot of stuff and add this or that to the game, or few new levels, extra mechanics, additional secrets, gameplay balance and so. I might be wrong though, hopefully we will see soon at what stage the development is.

Hi btw, its my first post on the forum, been fan of Larian games since Divine Divinity smile

They had the license before Original Sin 2 was even released in 17.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Hawke

So maybe BG 3 is in development even longer then.

You will face many defeats in life, but never let yourself be defeated - Maya Angelou
enthusiast
enthusiast

So maybe BG 3 is in development even longer then.

I doubt they had resources to do much more than pre production before Sep 17.

apprentice
apprentice

I didn't mean before Sep 17, i mean shortly after D:OS 2 released. I thought they took few months of break after D:OS 2 but who knows, so if the game is 2.5 years in development then really they can have like 80% of game finished alrdy.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand

I didn't mean before Sep 17, i mean shortly after D:OS 2 released. I thought they took few months of break after D:OS 2 but who knows, so if the game is 2.5 years in development then really they can have like 80% of game finished alrdy.

Google just revealed that Baldur's Gate 3 will be released on Stadia in 2020, so yeah they are further along then Hawke thinks they are.

S
veteran
veteran
S
wut? wheres that one from...

apprentice
apprentice
Google just revealed that Baldur's Gate 3 will be released on Stadia in 2020, so yeah they are further along then Hawke thinks they are.

I just regret that they didnt do what they promised... i mean, in June 2019 they released an update where Swen said that they will share their development process like they have done with D:OS 2 but... nothing really happened. Its been over 8 months and not even a single thing is shown, we dont even have a single screen from the gameplay. That's pity.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
According to Swen on twitter Google got it wrong.

apprentice
apprentice
I guess a lot of things will be revealed on February 27th. Maybe even estimated release date, but it's just a fairy wish, haha.

I am still convinced that they have finished most of the game, because it's been a pretty long while since D:OS 2 was released and Larian is not a lazy company in any case.

The cryptic thing is that they're so silent about the game. We got literally nothing at all. One of my friends even thought that it's just a social experiment and BG 3 is sort of fake announcement, lol.

Last edited by BananowePole; 14/02/20 04:58 PM. Reason: additional thought

enthusiast
enthusiast

Though he is not saying that BG3 will not release this year either.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand

Though he is not saying that BG3 will not release this year either.

Good point, that Swen is a tricky fellow. Hopeful we will know on the 27th.

Give us a video or photos, or it didn't happened. I can say that Swen is a royalist and supports Andreas, Prince of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha for the throne of Belgium. Still, it's do not makes it's a truth.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Soccer
Give us a video or photos, or it didn't happened. I can say that Swen is a royalist and supports Andreas, Prince of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha for the throne of Belgium. Still, it's do not makes it's a truth.

You most games are playable after a few months of development even if everything is just filled placeholder graphiocs.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Soccer

Today even photo or video can be easily falsified. We have to believe him, thats all we got.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard