Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#658789 15/02/20 12:17 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I am having trouble with successfully implementing my quest rewards. I have tried to make an adventure from scratch just to learn the basics of it and am not planning on publishing it. I can't seem to get the quest rewards to be given to the player character. I have the table set in the journal editor and I have

DB_QuestDef_QuestReward("MainQuest","EndQuest","QuestUpdate_MainQuest_EndQuest");

in the INIT section and I took the format from the journal entries of the Larian script. I have tried setting different flags via dialog and the story editor. I've only been doing this for a couple of months and am still pretty novice. Does anyone have any help they could offer?

old hand
old hand
Hi, I'm not sure if you are still needing help on this, but did you add row in the stats editor under Treasure Table for "QuestUpdate_MainQuest_EndQuest". This is what controls what the reward itself will be.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks for the reply. I do. I did not edit anything in the stats editor. I used a treasure from the Shared Treasure Table, ST_WeaponNormal. I set reward treasure level to 2 and gain to 4 just to see if the XP gain will work. Do I need to add a treasure table under my level name in the stats editor even though I set one from the Shared? I am able to get the quest state to get called and close the quest, the only issue is getting the rewards to activate. Sorry if I am not articulating the issue very well, again I've only been doing this for a short while. Thanks again.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard