Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Originally Posted by SorcererVictor
Originally Posted by Minsc1122
I think it is a good idea to reduce range for bows, it would just feel silly, if you would need to move 2-3 screens and 2-3 rounds in order to hit the enemy in each fights.(...)
Realistic ranges are not for TB.

Do you realize that there are a thing called map design and that 600 feet range longbow is something situational in most dungeon crawler games? That there are spells like Dimension Door or Haste to help you close the gap?

Situational, but if you have very long range, that is also making no sense, all you would do is to try to kill enemy from far.
Which was bit boring in DAO2, that one of the most efficient tactic is to teleport your enemy away when they reach you and kill them from far. ( Of course it might depend on build, but it was just too good not to use it.)

Also I am wondering if level design should be completely changed, because of longbows..
Especially if you got a lot verticality, you can just stay on the top of a mountain wizard eye and kill everybody without touching them.

Last edited by Minsc1122; 07/04/20 05:04 PM.
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Minsc1122
Situational, but if you have very long range, that is also making no sense, all you would do is to try to kill enemy from far.
Which was very boring in DAO2, that one of the most efficient tactic is to teleport your enemy away when they reach you and kill them from far..

Modern bioware games are not good example, they are too hack and slash games and has completely different mechanics than baldur's gate. Look to Temple of elemental evil. ToEE is not easy only because i can hit enemies from far away. Quite the contrary. The spiders relative early one while you don't have AoE spells and good saves are a terrifying enemy.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard