Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
garanam Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I bought DoS2 on Switch some time ago and thoroughly enjoyed it, but a combination of the left joycon drift and a Steam sale convinced me to pick it up on PC. However, I don't think I linked my Steam account on the switch on the first prompt since at the time I didn't think I would need it. So now I want to link it so my save can be synced over to PC but I can't find out how to do that now I'm 100 hours in. Is there a section in the one menus I'm missing? do I have to redownload the game on switch to get the prompt again? I've browsed through the forums and google and I can't find an answer. Any help would be appreciated.

Support
Support

You should be able to enable/disable the cross save feature in the game settings on the Switch (Options, Game tab, Save Games section).

garanam Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Right in front my face, dang it. Thank you.

I needed this too. Thanks.

Note that, in order to get your Switch games onto your PC / Mac, you have to have a DOS2 profile on Steam. To do this:

• Launch the game on the PC / Mac.
  • Create a profile, create a character, and start a game.
  • Save your game.
  • Quit the game

Your profile should now upload to Steam. To confirm this, check: http://store.steampowered.com/account/remotestorage

Now you can enable Steam saves on your Switch. When it asks if you want to download saves, hit "B" for No. You may get the error "No compatible saves!" You can ignore it. Hit "B" again to exit. Your save should start uploading from your Switch to Steam.

Last edited by martan717; 19/10/20 04:11 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard