Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#667397 21/05/20 01:26 AM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I'm really liking most of what I see about BG3 and also looking forward to an eventual DM mode for PnP style play after running through a campaign.

One thing I did not see in any gameplay demos is a fleshed-out casting animation and sound that is more D&D and less DOS.
I have seen some posts indicate that Larian is planning to update spell effects and casting sounds/animations but no links to confirmation.

I just saw the updated trailer video for Solasta released this week, and that is the kind of casting animations I'm thinking would be more like a D&D game and it too is turn-based so it works well.

Has there been any firm confirmation of what is coming from Larian on this subject?

I don't know about animations, but Swen said during the PAX presentation, or maybe it was in the Reddit AMA, that they are voice-acting all spells/incantations in Latin, it just wasn't ready for the presentation.

veteran
veteran
Since they are also using latin, maybe they will take the classic BG/IWD casting chants in latin.

Icewind Dale & Baldur's Gate Spells

1) Illusion: "Veritas, Credo, Oculos" = "The truth, I believe, with my eyes"

2) Alteration: "Praeses, Alia, Fero" = "Protecting, another, I bring this forth"

3) Necromancy: "Vita, Mortis, Careo" = "Life, and death, I am without"

4) Divination: "Scio, Didici, Pecto" = "I know, for I have studied, with my mind"

5) Abjuration: "Manus, Potentis, Paro" = "A hand, powerful, I prepare"

6) Evocation: "Incertus, Pulcher, Imperio" = "Uncertain, beautiful things, I command"

7) Conjuration: "Facio, Voco, Ferre" = "This I do, I call, to bring you forth"

8) Enchantment: "Cupio, Virtus, Licet" = "I want, excellence, allowed to me"

(Try to read it without hearing the voices of the game in your head. I know I can´t =D )

Last edited by _Vic_; 21/05/20 11:22 AM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by _Vic_
Since they are also using latin, maybe they will take the classic BG/IWD casting chants in latin.

Icewind Dale & Baldur's Gate Spells

1) Illusion: "Veritas, Credo, Oculos" = "The truth, I believe, with my eyes"

2) Alteration: "Praeses, Alia, Fero" = "Protecting, another, I bring this forth"

3) Necromancy: "Vita, Mortis, Careo" = "Life, and death, I am without"

4) Divination: "Scio, Didici, Pecto" = "I know, for I have studied, with my mind"

5) Abjuration: "Manus, Potentis, Paro" = "A hand, powerful, I prepare"

6) Evocation: "Incertus, Pulcher, Imperio" = "Uncertain, beautiful things, I command"

7) Conjuration: "Facio, Voco, Ferre" = "This I do, I call, to bring you forth"

8) Enchantment: "Cupio, Virtus, Licet" = "I want, excellence, allowed to me"

(Try to read it without hearing the voices of the game in your head. I know I can´t =D )

Thanks for sharing Vic, that's really cool.

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
stranger
stranger
I actually loaded up BG2, casted each type of school spell and listened to what they were chanting. lol

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard