Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi there,

Me and my party are at the final area in the crypt, right before the final fight. We click on the staircase and the words appear:

"Narrator - *The truth hangs heavy upon the air itself, unspoken. This is the point of return. Somewhere beyond this point you shall be undone - or you shall ascend. There is no middle ground.*

1. *You're ready for this. Step into your destiny.*
2. You're not quite ready. Come back to your destiny later.*"

We all ready up (select option 1) but then nothing happens... What is crazy is that a few weeks, we were able to enter the area without any issue! Now after the patch on the 14th of June, it is not working.

We tried deactivating all the mods The list of mods we are running:

Bartering Tweaks
+Divinity: Original Sin 2
+Subscribed on 30 Apr @ 6:26pm
+Last Updated 21 May @ 4:38pm

Infinite Spirit Vision - Definitive Edition
+Subscribed on 25 Dec, 2019 @ 9:37pm
+Last Updated 18 Sep, 2018 @ 1:14am

No Psychic Enemies (Definitive Edition)
+Subscribed on 25 Dec, 2019 @ 9:37pm
+Last Updated 9 Sep, 2018 @ 1:36am

Let There Be Tooltips! - Definitive Edition
+Subscribed on 25 Dec, 2019 @ 9:36pm
+Last Updated 23 Aug, 2019 @ 4:59am

Controls are Back!
+Subscribed on 25 Dec, 2019 @ 9:36pm
+Last Updated 28 Sep, 2017 @ 4:38pm

We tried loading an older save game (before we were level 21 and before we murdered everything in Arx) and it worked! Is there someone we aren't allowed to kill? Is it one of the mods? Is it some item that we should have to enter the final area? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Support
Support

There shouldn't be anyone you are not allowed to kill, that would silently block progress, and most of the mods are popular enough a conflict like this would have come up by now (unless maybe it only became an issue since the last game update).

Was the earlier save you checked immediately before the murder spree?

Please email supportdos2@larian.com with your latest save (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc), as well as the earlier save that works.
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames\Story' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder' (and similarly in OSX/Finder).

stranger
stranger
Hi--my friends and I ran into this same issue.

We saved at the end of the night, immediately before entering the final chamber.

The next time we resumed play, several (all?) of us left that chamber to stock up on potions, scrolls, respec into loremaster to identify items, etc, since it was implied that we wouldn't be able to do so after entering that chamber.

After we did this and fast-traveled back to the...crypt(? Whatever waypoint was closest) and walked towards that final chamber again, we also could not enter the final chamber. We would try to enter, all accept the ready check, and....nothing would happen.

In order to fix this, we had to reload our save file from before we fast traveled out of the penultimate deathtrap chamber and, without fast traveling away, initiate the ready check to proceed into the final chamber.

This allowed us to enter the final chamber and complete the main storyline.

The common factor between our experience and OP's is that we could not enter the final room if we fast traveled out of the deathtrap chamber. I think this is what caused the bug, and if anyone else runs into this, loading a save from before you fast traveled away from that chamber should fix this.

This is, of course, a little frustrating, and something that I hope will eventually be fixed for future players!

Support
Support

The bug report for the OP is still open; I'll add your description, as well.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard