Next Thread
Print Thread
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Hello,

I was working on a spanish translation of DOS2 using the old way, extracting: Extracting English.pak...

With the last patch notes i saw this:

"We've added localization modding support, something a lot of you have asked for."

But how?

I don't find it in the editor.

Can anyone help me? Thanks

addict
addict
Hey Carlito25,

Here's the corresponding Wiki page that was posted on the forum's patch notes.

I also answered in the PT-BR thread with a short overview of the steps explained on the page. Here's the quote, for reference to anyone else looking for answers:

Originally Posted by Larian_KVN
Sure,

Here we have a wiki page on how translation modding works. In short:

Create an add-on, using the Divinity Engine. (Here's how)

1. Use the localization files in the Engine installation (~DivinityEngineDataPath~\Data\Editor\Localization) to create your own translation. With the provided spreadsheet and script, you can systematically translate all the game's lines from English to something else.

2. Place the created translation files in your project folder.

3. Publish your project.

4. If you mod existing files (e.g. you put the Spanish translation in files named after English/German [English.xml, etc.]) then people with that language setting will automatically switch to your Spanish translation once they enable the mod.

5. If you make a new language, people need to override their language.lsx file manually to set their system to the new language.

Don't hesitate to ask if you need some more information.

Sincerely,
Kevin

Sincerely,
Kevin

CTRL+K the elf
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Hey Carlito25,

Here's the corresponding Wiki page that was posted on the forum's patch notes.

I also answered in the PT-BR thread with a short overview of the steps explained on the page. Here's the quote, for reference to anyone else looking for answers:

Sure,

Here we have a wiki page on how translation modding works. In short:

Create an add-on, using the Divinity Engine. (Here's how)

1. Use the localization files in the Engine installation (~DivinityEngineDataPath~\Data\Editor\Localization) to create your own translation. With the provided spreadsheet and script, you can systematically translate all the game's lines from English to something else.

3. Publish your project.

4. If you mod existing files (e.g. you put the Spanish translation in files named after English/German [English.xml, etc.]) then people with that language setting will automatically switch to your Spanish translation once they enable the mod.

5. If you make a new language, people need to override their language.lsx file manually to set their system to the new language.

Don't hesitate to ask if you need some more information.

Sincerely,
Kevin

Sincerely,
Kevin

Hello, thanks for answer, i created an addon, but there isn't a localization folder in the Engine installation (~DivinityEngineDataPath~\Data\Editor\Localization).

addict
addict
Hey Carlito,

I might have misspecified that. It's in the Engine Data Path, which is in the game installation folder.

For a regular Steam installation it would look similar to this:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\Data\Editor\Localization

Sincerely,
Kevin

Last edited by Larian_KVN; 23/03/18 02:24 PM.

CTRL+K the elf
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Hey Carlito,

I might have misspecified that. It's in the Engine Data Path, which is in the game installation folder.

For a regular Steam installation it would look similar to this:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\Data\Editor\Localization

Sincerely,
Kevin

I have the gog version, lastest patch installed, editor version 3.0.182.134 and i have the game installed at D:\GOG\Divinity - Original Sin 2. Inside \Data\Editor\ there is not localization folder here. I have installed the editor following the instructions at "!ReadMe.txt". So i don't know why isn't there.
The only localization folder i have is here: D:\GOG\Divinity - Original Sin 2\Data\Localization (english.pak and other languages).

addict
addict
Hey Carlito,

we're checking it out right now and will try to get that folder into the GOG installation as soon as possible.
In the meantime, I put the files in a zip and added them to the localization wiki page (under the File Structure section) smile

Sincerely,
Kevin

Last edited by Larian_KVN; 23/03/18 03:33 PM.

CTRL+K the elf
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Hey Carlito,

we're checking it out right now and will try to get that folder into the GOG installation as soon as possible.
In the meantime, I put the files in a zip and added them to the localization wiki page (under the File Structure section) smile

Sincerely,
Kevin

Thank you, i started working on the translation, buy i can't run the script to export it. Do i need another program? Thanks again.

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Carlito25
Hey Carlito,

Sincerely,
Kevin

Thank you, i started working on the translation, buy i can't run the script to export it. Do i need another program? Thanks again.

Never mind, I solved it.

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Hello again.

I was wondering if it is possible to import my old translation text file (I did it manually some time ago) to the excel spreadsheet (loca_full.xls).

it will help me a lot with my current spanish translation project.

Thank you very much.

O
stranger
stranger
O
Hi, Kevin.

I followed your instructions for unsupported language but nothing changes after publishing. And the file is too small - 483 kb.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\DefEd\Data\Projects\[My Add-on Project]\[Translation folder]

I tested copying the translation to the localization folder and changing language.lsx and it works fine, but I can't do that with publishing. I've reread many times the wiki but I can't solve this for publishing to my friends.

Please, help.

Thanks for this thread, guys!

Last edited by warg; 08/06/19 05:27 PM.

We are proud to report that we finished our DOS2 localization project (Hungarian). :'-)
https://warg8.jimdofree.com/
stranger
stranger
I'm having difficulties following the tutorial. Maybe video could explain it all better. :(

I tried putting the files inside the both mod and project folder

Divinity Original Sin 2\DefEd\Data\Projects

but after publishing it nothing changed. Of course i did not forget to activate mod after steam downloads it for me.
Am i supposed to place files inside the Engine editor, then how?

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard