Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 26 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 25 26
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Raze
Originally Posted by Squesing
I wish many unpayed jobs in your future

I did quite a bit of free beta testing in the past, and have had my creative work included in the commercial release of a software product without additional compensation. That did not entitle me to anything beyond the terms of the beta tests, and when products/companies were sold to other companies, they were not under any obligation to continue those test groups or the original company to provide additional compensation. I chose to do what I did and knew what the terms were.
I was also part of the group that made the Beyond Divinity Strategy Guide, also an unpaid fan project, which was eventually added to GOG's extra downloads for the game.
If and when I retire, I will likely still hang around the Larian forum helping other players without pay, like I did for a decade before Larian hired me.

Originally Posted by RedHex23
I am sure that “absolutely yes" does not mean "plans may change".

Plans can always change, even if you are confident they can be done when they are made, especially when there is quite a bit of time before the plans will be implemented.

Originally Posted by MadonnaPuttana
It's possible to open a kickstarter page to help you with translation costs?

Unfortunately, it isn't primarily an issue of cost.

Originally Posted by Malabolgia
False advertising:

"A false claim about the characteristics of the goods or service"

Fits pretty well, don't you think?

Only if you ignore the concept of linear time. Changing a plan does not make the past statement deliberately misleading.
Have you never had to change any plans?

You get worse and worse every answer you give. It really seems that you don't care at all of the entire italian community. It almost seems there is some sort of hidden and cold ostilty.
Such a shitty public relation, anyway, perfectly fits the disonesty of the exploiting the workers giving the RIDICOLOUS explanation "I was exploited in the past, I knew the rules and I submit to them"..

You are showing to all your customers your true face. Hope the majority recognizes.

P.s. when you change a plan involving thousands of potential customers that was given a promise, don't you think that sounds VERY SHITTY that those people has to discover your decision just for a random question in a forum?

Who the f**k is your P.R manager, DONALD DUCK?

Last edited by Squesing; 21/08/20 04:10 PM.
stranger
stranger
Hi at all.
I have been waiting for this game for years.
call me crazy but i was ready to buy a new computer just to play baldur's gate.
The news that the Italian language will not be understood made me angry.
the statement was given late, to say the least. all Italian fans of baldur's gate felt cheated, myself included.
You killed my madness, I will not buy this game if it is not localized in Italian. Our disappointment is enormous.

you saved me 1000 €, but I would have gladly spent it for this game.😡

Thanks to this move, i think , in Italy you will sell perhaps 1/4 of copies.
thanks Larian

apprentice
apprentice
come faceva notare giustamente un'utente su steam

[Linked Image]

apprentice
apprentice
Is also difficult for me to understand is how Wizard of the Coast can change his mind on the Italian question in only one year... At Lucca Comics and Games 2019 only last year we were at the center of the largest dungeon in Europe... are we forgotten today?

Link below for official article.
https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/events/lucca

Last edited by Maco; 21/08/20 03:16 PM.
stranger
stranger
I'm 41 years old and a fan of D&D and Baldur's Gate and I also loved Larian's video games and I own them all.
Baldur's Gate by Bioware had an Italian translation and the second chapter was even dubbed into Italian.I have been waiting for bg3 since Interplay canceled Baldur's Gate 3: The Black Hound project. I was really excited to know that Larian would develop this third chapter because I know how much love and passion they put into developing a game, a passion that clearly appeared in the latest Live Stream as well.
Well ... I was willing to buy early access, but at the present time, after announcing the Italian localization with a firm yes and backtracking on this forum, not only will I not purchase early access, but I will not purchase the full release of the game either.
I have been a programmer for over twenty years, and if I am not absolutely sure about something it is not my habit to give people false hopes, or to deceive my clients. I think it is something deplorable.
It looks like Larian awaits the T.I.G.E.R. to do a third translation for them at no cost. I'm speechless.
You're digging up dirt on two brands I love so much ...
I loved Larian's video games, but I'm not going to buy any of your games anymore, and I'm going to invite anyone I can to do the same ... you have proven undeserving.
I hope you change your mind ... I hope so much ...

stranger
stranger

[quote=ErnstJ79] I have been a programmer for over twenty years, and if I am not absolutely sure about something it is not my habit to give people false hopes, or to deceive my clients. I think it is something deplorable.
[/quote]

This is it!
I am 100% sure that the statement was in good faith and all, but it's still a huge mistake.

And at least a simple "we are sorry" would be appreciated, but still...

I love your games and i am sure bg3 woulb be no exception, but right now, like many others, i fell disappointed! I really hope that sooner or later there will be an italian official translation!

ps: sorry for my english

Last edited by Rivaus; 21/08/20 04:08 PM.
stranger
stranger
for me what is missing is the honesty to the fateful question

is there Italian?

the answer to the times had to be.

no because we don't sell anything.

taking your word back now is not the best ... yes, for heaven's sake plans can change, but not 1 month after its release, because you already know if you translate a game or not.

so i wonder why not say it 4-5 months ago?

bye

Last edited by Katsura; 21/08/20 04:30 PM.
L
stranger
stranger
L
I will not buy the game BG3
Larian you hope that others will do the translation free for you, I hope that doesn't happen.

apprentice
apprentice
dicono che non e' un fattore di soldi!! ba!! e dimmi il vero motivo!! cazzate troppi dialoghi da tradurre... si sa che un gdr e pieno di dialoghi!! nn ci prendete in giro!!
ripeto sentiamo dungeons&dragons Wizards of the Coast ecc.... se aspettiamo la fine del gioco piu la traduzione sara' in ita nel 2022!!

C
stranger
stranger
C
Dear larian, as a former member of the team who helped with the localization of divinity original sin 2, i'm asking you to reconsider this decision and give to all of your italian fans baldur's gate 3 in our language. We showed you our love in the past, not once but twice, i think It's time to show that you care for our fanbase.

stranger
stranger

Plans can always change, even if you are confident they can be done when they are made, especially when there is quite a bit of time before the plans will be implemented.

Point is, these "plans" cant really change in a couple of days, a couple of months ago you were asked if italian would have been "planned" to be added for the final release, and you were positive about this matter.
I know many friends who have bought a new PC, or a new expensive GPU/CPU or whatever (since it has been said previously that this game could never run for the current gen consoles, but according to the system requirement, there is some stuff that is 6-7 years old listed in the requirement list, but that's a different and bizzarre story).
But suddently after the panel that took place 3 days ago, a couple of hours later, without warning and unexpectedly, due to the impressive amount of dialogues and texts (surprise!) here it comes the "change of plans".
How unfortunate, why not announcing it earlier then, I am sure you and/or who is working for this game were already aware of that weeks before this announcement of "change of plans", and we know that only because a kind soul opened a thread here in your forum asking this question, otherwise we would have never known of this change of plans right now, because not a single word came from your mouth.

Last edited by Trynd; 21/08/20 06:26 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Spero solo che questo post esplosivo continui e che ritornino sui loro passi dicendo "volevamo Emm dire che entro 3 mesi la conversione italiana verrà inserita"

Last edited by pbrosio; 21/08/20 06:43 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Trynd

Point is, these "plans" cant really change in a couple of days, a couple of months ago you were asked if italian would have been "planned" to be added for the final release, and you were positive about this matter.
I know many friends who have bought a new PC, or a new expensive GPU/CPU or whatever (since it has been said previously that this game could never run for the current gen consoles, but according to the system requirement, there is some stuff that is 6-7 years old listed in the requirement list, but that's a different and bizzarre story).
But suddently after the panel that took place 3 days ago, a couple of hours later, without warning and unexpectedly, due to the impressive amount of dialogues and texts (surprise!) here it comes the "change of plans".
How unfortunate, why not announcing it earlier then, I am sure you and/or who is working for this game were already aware of that weeks before this announcement of "change of plans", and we know that only because a kind soul opened a thread here in your forum asking this question, otherwise we would have never known of this change of plans right now, because not a single word came from your mouth.

Totally agree with you!

Some clarification about this point?

stranger
stranger
Hey, i was browsing some tech news 1hr ago and i stumbled upon one which stated that BG3 wasn't going to be translated in Italian anymore. I followed the link to this forum provided in the news and here i'm now, making my first post ever about how sad and disappointing this is. That firmly and solid statement made by your CEO time ago was so reassuring that didn't leave any trace of doubt, but now like a sudden storm, you reconsidered everything because "market analytics" based on DD OS2 made you think twice and so you decided to abort the translation due of not enough potentially sellings.
A project can indeed change shapes and iterations during its course but again, after a statement made not by a common one, a turn-back like this is seriously dissappointing to say the least. As you can see it did cause a stormrage around the web because this is not one of the many new games coming out, this is the follow up of one of the best game series ever made. Hope you will understand deeply your decisions.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by pbrosio
Spero solo che questo post esplosivo continui e che ritornino sui loro passi dicendo "volevamo Emm dire che entro 3 mesi la conversione italiana verrà inserita"

Invece se ne sbatteranno come per DOS1 e DOS2, tanto ci sarà qualche fan che tradurrà tutto il gioco e gli regalerà la patch.

Larian ha capito che siamo un popolo di c******i...

stranger
stranger

it makes me unhappy to wait for my favorite game knowing I can play it in Italian, only to find out at the last that it won't be translated ...

stranger
stranger
hi, sorry for my bad english

I just wanted to express my disappointment for the lack of localization in Italian ...
I find it really disappointing that you take your word back, have they discovered now that there are so many words and dialogues? seriously ?

the doubt that you want to get another free amateur translation is very strong, and also legitimate, given the previous ones ...
disrespect for the fans who created the translation, not paid, not thanked, the translation never updated (you left the job to them, shameful)
I would have bought the title immediately, with pre-order
now I will wait for it to cost just under € 10, I cannot and do not want to spend more for a title that I would not fully enjoy
if you want a market to grow, you have to invest in it

naturally I dissociate myself from the various disrespect and insults that surely there have been, remember that we are all distinct individuals, some less sentient than others
regards

stranger
stranger

it makes me unhappy to wait for my favorite game knowing I can play it in Italian, only to find out at the last that it won't be translated ...

apprentice
apprentice
It would be more than necessary to release at least one TWEET to the whole community ... I begin to believe that you had no idea how many fans of this title you had in Italy. GUYS WE ARE TALKING ABOUT BALDURS GATE, AND YOU ARE TREATING IT AS IF IT WERE DOS3 ... just see how many people in their first post are participating in this discussion ... soon this THREAD becomes main topic!

Did you want early access to develop the game together with the community? Here is the whole Italian community ...

Last edited by Maco; 21/08/20 08:52 PM.
stranger
stranger
Are we kidding? We are talking about a title of enormous importance, the continuation of a saga that is a real milestone in the world of role-playing games. The Italian community is very fond of this title and you turn your back on it like this? It is immoral and very unprofessional this about-face, a few weeks after the actual launch of the game.

Last edited by Pasquale.Abate; 21/08/20 09:16 PM.
Page 6 of 26 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 25 26

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard