Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 26 1 2 3 4 25 26
M
stranger
stranger
M
[quote=Kuruz]Oh well, that will be a good excuse to refine english language and to learn some new words and terms, hopefully the dialogues won't be hard to understand like it used to be in Disco Elysium and similar games, I had to quit playing that game because it was frustrating for the most part.[/quote]

Yes alright, like you said, it can be a good excuse to refine english language. But that's not the point. The point is that they promoted the game on an italian newspaper saying it will "absolutely" be localized in Italian.
Not a "maybe / we're considering it", but "absolutely yes". Considering BG / BG2 are games released over two decades ago, who tells us that interview wasn't done by purpose to attract (or some may say: deceive) the old non english speaking fans? This behavior is simply unacceptable.

We must not promise what we ought not, lest we be called on to perform what we cannot.
Abraham Lincoln, 1856.

apprentice
apprentice
Hi, excuse my bad english.
I am writing to tell you all my disappointment with this news, in addition to the fact that the presence of the Italian was promised in that interview with Sven months ago. I am an old DnD player as well as a fan of the old Baldur's Gate, (it was my first game I bought) played and replayed several times and I couldn't wait to get started with this new game ... I must tell you that you have given me a great disappointment with this bad news, in addition to the fact that it seems to me a good joke to all the fans of the forgotten realms of Italy ... thanks ...

Kuruz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Malabolgia
Originally Posted by Kuruz
Oh well, that will be a good excuse to refine english language and to learn some new words and terms, hopefully the dialogues won't be hard to understand like it used to be in Disco Elysium and similar games, I had to quit playing that game because it was frustrating for the most part.

Yes alright, like you said, it can be a good excuse to refine english language. But that's not the point. The point is that they promoted the game on an italian newspaper saying it will "absolutely" be localized in Italian.
Not a "maybe / we're considering it", but "absolutely yes". Considering BG / BG2 are games released over two decades ago, who tells us that interview wasn't done by purpose to attract (or some may say: deceive) the old non english speaking fans? This behavior is simply unacceptable.

Ye you're right, as I said I had to refund Disco Elysium because it was basically unplayable for me, usually those kind of games with tons of lines of dialogues use some particular terminogies and words that aren't easy to understand for normal people, making those kind of games difficult to be fully enjoyed.
Honestly I was waiting for this game for years and I will be watching some playthroughs on youtube, then I will make my call if buying it or not, without a proper localization (which was confirmed long ago) I'm not sure I will buy BG3 from the beginning.
This decision surprised me aswell since in our country D&D related products are frequently sold and there is a thriving market around this universe.

Last edited by Kuruz; 20/08/20 07:15 PM.
stranger
stranger
Greetings,
as part of the italian comunity i'm really disappointed by this situation.
Please reconsider this decision, because a brand like Baldur's Gate deserves to be translated in Italian: even 20 years ago the BG2 was fully translated in italian (plus voice acting).
Don't let the italian gamers think that Larian can't handle this.

Thanks

stranger
stranger

What a great pity!!!
Once again, fans, Italian gamers, translation groups (who have worked a lot and for free) and a market that has always gratified you are snubbed.
Once again we all miss an opportunity.
I find it shameful and unfair.
Your game, your rules, but you will lose many Italian fans for this so-called "mistake".

apprentice
apprentice
[quote=Raze]
After release additional localisations can be reconsidered.
[/quote]

so the localization in Italian is not certain? oltre al danno, la beffa! ah ... the Italian translation we promised will not be there at the launch of the game, we also do not know if it will be included in the additional localizations ... scusate ma a me pare una presa in giro!

greetings

Saluti!

stranger
stranger
Wow what a shameful display.
Not only you received italian translations from a great and passionate team of translators for DOS 1 and 2 for FREE, increasing your profit in our market at the cost of 0 penny from your part.
Not only you have confirmed that italian language would have been in BG3 from the beginning (not talking about EA, but the final product).
But now you realized that there is too much work to be done and you basically thrown our language (and your word) in the toilet.
Personally I will never buy anything from Larian Studios from now on.

stranger
stranger
This news of italian localization is very disappointing.
I was ready to buy BG3, even the early access, in day one, but now i'm sure that I will not. I also bought my first gaming pc (1750€) only for this game.

This kind of game can't be really playing in another language, also if you speak english very well. These games NEED a translation, specially when everything you do and chose has a conseguences, and it's very frustating when you chose the wrong option only for a single mistake in the translation of a single word.

I bought DOS2 when it was only in english, I arrived at second act and then I trashed it, because it was too hard to play a game with words hard like those. And wait, i love hard text, complexity of a dialogue and good characters, but in mothertongue, not in another, it stopped to be fun and became a job.
I bought back DOS2 when italian's patch arrived, and i loved it, but i will not repeat that horrible experience again.

Pay TIGER, this time, for a translation, you will have enought money back with all the profit of italian gamers, enought to pay TIGER and receive earn money for you.
Please don't deprive us from this game, and you from our money.

stranger
stranger
Certi che tanto ci sarà chi farà il lavoro per loro!!! Questo è approfittare della passione della community italiana e di tutti quei team che si sobbarcano sulle spalle dei lavori di traduzione assurdi (e ai quali approfitto per dire un enorme GRAZIE) senza chiedere nulla in cambio!
Dear Larian, don't betray the Italian community!

stranger
stranger
Un gioco di tale spessore come BG3 non può essere giocato senza un'adeguata traduzione. Nessuno comprerà il gioco a prezzo pieno sapendo di non poterlo gustare al 100% ma alla fine tutti lo acquisteranno favorendo ben altro tipo di mercato.

Cit. "Chi troppo in alto sale cade, sovente, precipitosamente".

PS. Scritto volutamente in ITA perché non ho sbatta di tradurlo per loro.

stranger
stranger
I grew up playing the first two chapters loving them madly and, sadly, I will not buy this one and I will not follow it from the content creators, who I believe should boycott any kind of promotion so that Larian understands the importance of the gesture. As happened with Divinity, they will aim to have it translated amateurishly, without hitting a penny, and they literally broke the balls. Because if in my work, like so many others, I write to a customer abroad in my language and not his, I am rightly told that if I don't want to translate, I can also get the F off. I repeat: I will not buy it, as for Divinity if someone will translate it I will be happy to donate the full price to the team that will do the work, but I will get the game in other ways. I'm sorry.

(Google translated, enjoy Larian)

L
stranger
stranger
L
Scrivo in italiano, tanto riuscirete di sicuro ad avere la traduzione dei post in inglese SCROCCANDOLA a qualcuno.

Sogni tranquilli tanto questa community (che non meritate) molto probabilmente vi tradurrà righe e righe di dialoghi GRATUITAMENTE e vi comprerá anche il gioco. Di quale spiegazioni avremo bisogno? Comunque fate bene, inglese, tedesco o in italiano ormai ve lo pirato a priori.

BUGIARDI

Last edited by Larianslie; 21/08/20 12:04 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Hi, I join this forum just to say that your behaviour as a company is so astonishingly shitty that I will not buy your game if not localized in italian AT LAUNCH.
It is so unfair that you rely on the free contribute of the italian translator's community for a future localization, even after your false claim in the interview, that I am literally disgusted.
I won't buy a game developed by a company that exploit people's work in such a way and just to maximize its profit, and now is clear that you just want to follow the same path of Divinity 1 & 2 (of course I am coming back to Steam and change my review of those games).

Goodbye Larian, you make good games but you are a terrible company.

Last edited by Squesing; 21/08/20 12:18 AM.
stranger
stranger
This is totally unrespectful towards us. You all just can't promise something and then pretending to change your mind just about the release of the game. This is just ridiculous.

I was really interested about this new game but the new developments leaded me to don't buy this scam. You really deserve none buy your game because this is just a joke, really. Can't find any other words to describe this ridiculous situation. Companies use to complain a lot about piracy but they should do their best in order to give people reasons to just support the developers. But why people should want to support liars? You OWE us an Italian translation, because you said there will be one and that's it.

Last edited by ReshiramZekrom; 21/08/20 12:33 AM.
stranger
stranger
I just registered on the forums to join my voice to the chorus of disapproval of the Italian community. One of our fixed party members doesn't speak English and would struggle a lot playing a game like this in a foreign language. For this reason, we have decided that none of us will be buying this game until the Italian language will be available. I'm really sad about this situation, as this was one of the games I was waiting for the most.

Good luck with your game.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Baldur's Gate is my first and true love...

I hope you will be able to bring us an italian localization (maybe Wizards of the Coast could be helpful?) to enjoy this amazing game.

apprentice
apprentice
tanto hanno la risposta standard "dopo il rilascio saranno previste nuove traduzioni ma non sappiamo quando e quali" dalla serie comprate e sperate ..
non avrete mai piu' i miei $$$

BUFFONI

Last edited by pbrosio; 21/08/20 07:20 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
e se avessi avuto la possibilità avrei fatto il reso anche di dos 1-2

PAGLIACCI

Last edited by pbrosio; 21/08/20 07:22 AM.
stranger
stranger
Really bad news. It is unlikely that it will have a good diffusion in Italy, which is not a small market.

Support
Support
Do you know how this is called? False advertising

It is a normal part of the development process that things are changed or cut, and this can unfortunately include localisations and sometimes even entire ports. Projects can also be cancelled outright, etc.

And it would be interesting to know how many preorders you have received thanks to this false advertisement.

Zero. There are no preorders. The Steam page was updated to correct the list of supported languages more than a month before Early Access will be available.

Originally Posted by Trynd
Not only you received italian translations from a great and passionate team of translators for DOS 1 and 2 for FREE, increasing your profit in our market at the cost of 0 penny from your part.

Time and resources were still put into officially adding the translations (legal, local QA, updates and fixes, general QA with updates on all platforms, etc).
I do not have the regional sales numbers, and do not know if there was a significant increase in sales due to the localisations or how the increase in sales compares to the cost of doing a full professional localisation. If it was as beneficial as you assume for D:OS, wouldn't that make an Italian localisation more likely for BG3 after release?

Originally Posted by Trynd
Not only you have confirmed that italian language would have been in BG3 from the beginning (not talking about EA, but the final product).
But now you realized that there is too much work to be done and you basically thrown our language (and your word) in the toilet.

Have you not followed the development of any other games / creative projects? It it not unusual that plans in place when a project is first announced are changed, to various degrees, more than a year later (BG3 didn't even have a save system with the first gameplay reveal, which was some time after the announcement).

Originally Posted by Squesing
It is so unfair that you rely on the free contribute of the italian translator's community for a future localization

Nobody is expected or required to translate the game into any other language.
When considering the initial localisations, we tried to cover as many as was feasible to do, with the largest potential demand.

Originally Posted by Rafiki1991
It is unlikely that it will have a good diffusion in Italy, which is not a small market.

I'm sure that will be looked at after release, when other localisations are reconsidered.

Page 2 of 26 1 2 3 4 25 26

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard