Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#675604 23/09/20 11:58 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi all...

So this is really really weird. The game is not crashing or wont load or an things like that. I am currently in Arx, and I had just reached the point where I get the last Devourer armor in the Lizard consulate and I entered into the hall of echoes to fight the Devourer, and I decided it was too hard of a fight and so I loaded my save point that was right before I went into the Hall of Echoes to fight...

After the load, I cannot have any interactions with anyone. I can walk around with my main, but none of my party members follow and I cannot interact with any of them either. As of right now I have no way of interacting with anything or anyone or any object. I tried disabling mods, re-enabling them so on and so fourth. Nothing works...

Any ideas?

Last edited by CMBrooker85; 23/09/20 11:58 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
Maybe a bug?
i would say that i'll try the same when i reach that point... but seeing what can happen... better no XD

Always outnumbered, never outgunned
Support
Support

Do you have the same problem if you quite the game and restart, or load older saves?

Try browsing to the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition\LevelCache' folder and delete the contents. A corrupt file there can cause problems when saving or loading.

If you start a new game, can you speak to NPCs at the start of the ship levels? Moving a bit from the initial character position can trigger an auto save, which might overwrite one from your current playthrough. If you don't already have an honour mode difficulty save, starting one would avoid that problem, since it uses a separate, single save slot (in the difficulty list, after selecting Tactician there is a choice between Regular and Honour).

If that doesn't help and you are playing on PC, please email supportdos2@larian.com with your save (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc). Also include a list of mods used and/or the modsettings.lsx file from your profile folder (with the mods enabled).
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames\Story' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder' (and similarly in OSX/Finder).

PS4 saves can be sent, as well, but they would need to be transferred to a USB flash drive first.
In the Saved Data in System Storage section of the Settings menu, click Copy to USB Storage Device, select the relevant save(s) and Copy. From there you can zip the files, then copy to email or upload somewhere and provide a link.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard