Print Thread
#809520 23/02/22 02:16 AM
T
tyswid Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I think it would be a good idea to have a method to export/import characters. Not full level transfer, but the character options that were chosen at the beginning. The idea would be you could play the same character in different servers/playthroughs or just to make characters in your free time and use them when you start a new game or share them with your friends

apprentice
apprentice
I don't think so, because some of the attributes or skills, and especially items, depend upon the choices we made with NPCs and during questing.

One example off the top of my head would be importing a character with psionics when the game the character is imported into, has not yet progressed to that point. Characters would have to be imported without any items at all, and their progress thru quests and NPC interactions would also need to be wiped.

Last edited by Grimalken; 11/08/22 09:59 PM.
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I can see the appeal of being able to save/share/reload created characters. Especially if you could then tweak settings in the character creator. It would certainly have saved me some time recreating characters with very small differences from one another after playing a few minutes then deciding I didn't like their hairstyle/voice/attribute spread.

A nice-to-have, I'd say, and on the basis that the original suggestion was for exporting/importing starting characters only as I agree loading a levelled up character at the beginning could cause problems. That said, I think it was possible in the original BG to import a higher level character, but I didn't really use it and can't recall how it handled things like Bhaalspawn powers that were gained in the course of the story. Not that BG3 needs to do everything the original game did, anyway.

EDIT: I assume this was a suggestion about BG3? Just noticed it seems to be in the general forum rather than a game-specific one.

Last edited by The_Red_Queen; 11/08/22 10:35 PM.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard