Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Adgaroth
I guess they would force turn mode until the 15 rounds are done (?)
I certainly hope so.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
F
addict
addict
F
In the early access they already have a ship crashes and game over message. I cleared out the transponder room and tried to go back into the nautiloid, then I got a message that the ship crashed and everyone died.

C
colinl8 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
C
Originally Posted by FreeTheSlaves
In the early access they already have a ship crashes and game over message. I cleared out the transponder room and tried to go back into the nautiloid, then I got a message that the ship crashed and everyone died.

Oh, sweet, I'll have to try that

Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I certainly hope so.

Can't you even force turn mode on yourself if I remember correctly? They showcased that a while ago as a way to navigate traps and safely prepare ambushes. But possible of course that it got removed?

You can indeed. Ctrl-Space if I remember correctly. It's the closest thing there is to pausing, though there is a slight cooldown on it after you turn it off.

Nobody's perfect... I'm a nobody.
B
old hand
old hand
B
So much speculation; so little time. laugh

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by endolex
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I certainly hope so.
Can't you even force turn mode on yourself if I remember correctly? They showcased that a while ago as a way to navigate traps and safely prepare ambushes. But possible of course that it got removed?
Oh yes you can ... presuming you do that in time. laugh

Do you remember that HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE amount of feedback about companions, or even PCs standing in fire/poison as combat ended and dying instantly, bcs the game was dealing its damage in real time? laugh
I do.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Happened to me once too and I hadn't saved in a while.

I would be ok with the 15 round penality, after all the game tries to make it urgent to reach the transponder. Doesn't make sense, that you then have all the time in the world to clear the room.

Last edited by fylimar; 21/07/23 10:51 AM.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
N
stranger
stranger
N
Originally Posted by Rack
Originally Posted by Beechams
Originally Posted by Rack
Would it actually be a game over if the nautiloid crashes though? Best case scenario the game dumps you in a different location and you get a slightly different start.
Perhaps but what would be the point of the race against time?

That kind of depends. Maybe it's tutorialising the game is fail forwards. Maybe you end up in a better position if you fail that easy combat challenge as a way to give players unfamiliar with the system a leg up. Or maybe its harder so as to give an optional challenge or sense of consequence to your actions. Maybe it's a character moment for Laezel.

MAYBE I WANT THE GOLDEN SWORD!!

Last edited by nuncle; 21/07/23 11:44 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by nuncle

If you are playing a Cleric* or a Warlock-Fiend Patron you can cast Command: Disarm on Commander Zhalk and he has a 55% chance to drop the sword.

Then you can scoop it up on the way to the transponder.

*Shadowheart does not have the spell prepared in Early Access and as she is not a full companion yet you can't change her spells.

Originally Posted by Alodar

If you are playing a Cleric* or a Warlock-Fiend Patron you can cast Command: Disarm on Commander Zhalk and he has a 55% chance to drop the sword.

*Shadowheart does not have the spell prepared in Early Access and as she is not a full companion yet you can't change her spells.

Haha, lovely! I wonder if after disarming, you could then also pull it with Mage Hand? Anyway, thank you very much for this tip, I'm gonna try that.

Last edited by endolex; 21/07/23 12:12 PM.
F
addict
addict
F
Apparently in the full game you can access companion inventory again, so stands to reason you can respec spells. Frankly, I'd rather just 'Command - Drop' the sword and get into Act 1 already.

I compared save times a while back and I was actually higher level sooner in one playthrough by _not_ killing the cambions. The time sink of spending 20 rounds doing 2-3 damage isn't necessarily optimal use of play time.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Originally Posted by endolex
Originally Posted by Alodar

Haha, lovely! I wonder if after disarming, you could then also pull it with Mage Hand? Anyway, thank you very much for this tip, I'm gonna try that.

I still prefer to blow them all up with purple tanks, the good old fashioned way!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Apparently in the full game you can access companion inventory again, so stands to reason you can respec spells.

Cool.
Where was that confirmed?

enthusiast
enthusiast
So what is the quickest way to get the everburn blade?
I assume command: drop with shadowheart?

Does anyone know what the wis save of Commander Zhalk is?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Qoray
So what is the quickest way to get the everburn blade?
I assume command: drop with shadowheart?

Does anyone know what the wis save of Commander Zhalk is?

Commander Zhalk in Early Access has a 12 Wisdom.

F
addict
addict
F
Nothing confirmed. ‘Stands to reason’ means I’m speculating. If we can manipulate companion inventory, why not spells?

That said, I don’t rate Everburn that highly, Susserblade is better.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Nothing confirmed. ‘Stands to reason’ means I’m speculating. If we can manipulate companion inventory, why not spells?

I'm asking where it is confirmed that you have access to companion inventory on the Nautiloid?

B
old hand
old hand
B
I didn't get that far into the game.
But nevertheless I was torn between equipping Everburn or the Paladin Sword.

apprentice
apprentice
isnt 13-15 rounds pretty close to when you have to get it done anyway is the assistant bateezu (aka devil during the dnd is devilworship era) show up on their own?
Change being..?? OTOH during some patches your illithid master turns on you if you finish the job too quickly too of murdering zhalk for his sword.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard