Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
T
I'm not exacgerating when I say that it's a 50/50 crap shoot with these forums. 50% of the time I get a time out error whenever I try to load something on here whether it be posting, replying or just trying to click and read something or go to a different forum section. These forums need a serious upgrade.

veteran
veteran
We're up to 50/50 now? Wow, things are really improving! You should've seen what it was like last year, lol.

veteran
veteran
It's already a miracle they aren't just shutting it down like most companies did in the past years.

And maybe that's coming in the near future anyway.
As a rule of the thumb, the bigger a studio becomes, the less it wants to interact directly with its user base.

Last edited by Tuco; 03/01/24 09:53 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
What do you mean you don't like th-

Comment Timeout

The comment did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application.

Additionally, a 504 Comment Timeout error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by JandK
We're up to 50/50 now? Wow, things are really improving! You should've seen what it was like last year, lol.
Yeah, you young people have it so easy nowadays! In my time .... snore .... and then she said she was crazy for me and would ... snore ... where was I, oh, yes, I finished BG3 in Honour Mode in solo mode!

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Troglodyte
These forums need a serious upgrade.

Larian is aware and apparently an upgrade is in the works. No word on when, exactly.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel

Larian is aware and apparently an upgrade is in the works. No word on when, exactly.

It is. I intend to get hold of the tech guy at some point this month to find out how far we've got with that. The intention is both new software (as much as I kinda like the retro look, it's a bit too retro at this point and there's only so much I can do by adding rounded corners!) and new hardware as the server seems to be on its last legs. We also intend to preserve all accounts, posts and so on; while "seamless" is probably optimistic, at least we won't be starting from scratch, but will hopefully leave the timeouts behind. FWIW it's as painful to admin as it is to use... D:

J'aime le fromage.
J
journeyman
journeyman
J
Originally Posted by vometia
I intend to get hold of the tech guy at some point this month to find out how far we've got with that.:

There's a tech guy? Wow.

T
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
T
Holy. Crap! They have gotten sooooo much worse since I said something. now I'm just lucky to get anything at all. Most of the time I can even get them to load at all.

addict
addict
[...] (as much as I kinda like the retro look, it's a bit too retro at this point and there's only so much I can do by adding rounded corners!) [...]

I absolutely dont at all care about the LOOK at all.

Only about useability.

J
journeyman
journeyman
J
This site is an absolute embarrassment to all responsible. In terms of accessibility it is far and away the worst site I have ever had the misfortune to use since dial-up days. Approximately 1800hrs Monday - I have been trying to access the site since at least Friday.
Perhaps I'm being too harsh. Perhaps it will be a great site once it comes out of Early Access.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Jordaker
Perhaps I'm being too harsh..
Eh, perhaps.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
V
Vua Offline
apprentice
apprentice
V
This is the first time I've gotten the forums to load since Sunday. Honestly this is pretty embarrassing and they'd be better off shutting this down than what we currently have. And that comment about getting in touch with the tech guy. They have 1? Ugh.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Vua
This is the first time I've gotten the forums to load since Sunday. Honestly this is pretty embarrassing and they'd be better off shutting this down than what we currently have. And that comment about getting in touch with the tech guy. They have 1? Ugh.
One guy responsible. Thats normal ? Larian isnt making money with this forum or anything.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah... been trying to load these forums for 2 weeks and been getting constant 504 timeout errors. Hilarious. Sometimes they work for an hour or two just to get dumpstered soon after. Heck, are you guys getting DDOS'd or something?

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Yeah... i couldn't log in all day yesterday...

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Halycon Styxland
[...] (as much as I kinda like the retro look, it's a bit too retro at this point and there's only so much I can do by adding rounded corners!) [...]

I absolutely dont at all care about the LOOK at all.

Only about useability.

I agree. All necessary functionality is there. The problem is: it does not function.

addict
addict
I like the retro look.

When I can see it.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel

It is. I intend to get hold of the tech guy at some point this month to find out how far we've got with that. The intention is both new software (as much as I kinda like the retro look, it's a bit too retro at this point and there's only so much I can do by adding rounded corners!) and new hardware as the server seems to be on its last legs. We also intend to preserve all accounts, posts and so on; while "seamless" is probably optimistic, at least we won't be starting from scratch, but will hopefully leave the timeouts behind. FWIW it's as painful to admin as it is to use... D:

Woot, both of these comments are epic news! Thanks.

J
journeyman
journeyman
J
Originally Posted by Ikke
All necessary functionality is there.

You jest.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard