Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#938713 07/03/24 05:46 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Congratulations for the 10 BAFTA nominations for BG3!

Also, Nominated in the EE peoples choice category, got my vote, link below if anyone fancies a vote;

https://ee.co.uk/gaming/baftagames

veteran
veteran
Oh nice, I hope Borislav Slavov wins his award for OST, the man has been robbed multiple times.

Also hope Samantha Beart (Karlach) wins hers for best lead and hm... between Raphael and Jaheira it is a tough pick. REALLY love Jaheira, she captivates with her performance from the moment she steps in... but Raphael is fantastic too!

Really tough pick, am hoping for Jaheira though. Really love her performance.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Thanks for sharing!

BG3 has got my vote for People’s Choice award, but it’s harder to pick between the BG3 performers. Fortunately I don’t have to, but if I did I think for me Neil Newbon squeaks it for Astarion, though Amelia Tyler and Samantha Beart do brilliant jobs as the narrator and Karlach.

And I agree completely with Crimsomrider on Tracy Wiles’s performance as Jaheira, so while Andrew Wincott as Raphael is wonderful, she would get my vote for supporting performance.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Poor Dave Jones, to be the only one out of the six BG3 actors who was longlisted but not nominated. frown I hope he doesn't think he isn't as good as the others because of this. I hope some other award recognizes his work in the future.
I hope either Tracey or Andrew win the supporting actor category!!

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by autistichalsin
Poor Dave Jones, to be the only one out of the six BG3 actors who was longlisted but not nominated. frown I hope he doesn't think he isn't as good as the others because of this.

I hope he can take even being longlisted as the recognition and accolade that it is! Especially given the wonderful performances from some of his castmates that didn’t even make it onto the long lists. Tim Downie as Gale and Devora Wilde as Lae’zel are my personal favourites who missed out.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
Don't make me choose between Jaheira and Raphael, they are both fanatstic.
And Samantha should absolutely get a price, as well as Borsilav.

Last edited by fylimar; 07/03/24 10:01 PM.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
old hand
old hand
It was an all-star cast, in the best possible meaning of that phrase. I just hope the votes don't become so split that none of the BG3 actors get anything - I suspect that may've happened at the DICE Awards.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Originally Posted by Elvish Presley
Congratulations for the 10 BAFTA nominations for BG3!

Also, Nominated in the EE peoples choice category, got my vote, link below if anyone fancies a vote;

https://ee.co.uk/gaming/baftagames
Oh yeah, I think it's the best I've played since Final Fantasy 14.
The story line is Superior, the graphics are great and I love the game play.

old hand
old hand
Unfortunately my fears came to pass for the leading performers, but Andrew Wincott and Borislav Slavov both scored well-deserved wins!

journeyman
Online Content
journeyman
Thank you for sharing and I am in awe and very grateful to have seen well deserved recognitions across the whole board, some more and some less but none the less everyone involved to be recognised is what matters to me.

But I am also specially happy to see Borislav Slavov finally get the spotlight he so deserved for his musical artwork that has stayed with me through the entirety of Baldur's Gate 3's experience, helped, just an amazing and musical genius.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Xenonian
Thank you for sharing and I am in awe and very grateful to have seen well deserved recognitions across the whole board, some more and some less but none the less everyone involved to be recognised is what matters to me.

But I am also specially happy to see Borislav Slavov finally get the spotlight he so deserved for his musical artwork that has stayed with me through the entirety of Baldur's Gate 3's experience, helped, just an amazing and musical genius.

I agree, I'm very happy for Borislav. He deserves that award.

As does Andrew tbh, he did a stellar job as Raphael in this game.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Very well played Larian, and everybody who voted! They won the people's choice award, voted for and decided by the public - goes to show good taste is not yet uncommon.

That bafta statuette is a very nice one to have.

The Baldurs Gate 3 wins at the 2024 Bafta video games awards were;

Narrative: Baldur's Gate 3 - Sarah Baylus, lead writer, picked up the award
Performer in a supporting role: Andrew Wincott, Raphael in Baldur's Gate 3
EE Players' Choice: Baldur's Gate 3
Music: Baldur's Gate 3 - Borislav Slavov, composer, picked up the award
Best game: Baldur's Gate 3

Last edited by Elvish Presley; 12/04/24 08:48 AM.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard