Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
JandK Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Right now I'm controlling a Death Shepherd in the githyanki creche which is pretty great when combined with some animated dead. They all get Undead Ward, granting them resistance to piercing, bludgeoning, and slashing.

As I get closer to Act Two, are there any great undead worth trying to control? This is my first full playthrough as an Oathbreaker so I don't have any go-to ideas.

P
addict
Online Content
addict
P
Kar'niss, if you send him and the caravan into the curselands without the lantern they become shadow-cursed undead.

F
addict
addict
F
I've thrown zealots off Moonrise bridge and had them rise as undead, and seen Githyanki ambushers suffer similar fate.

Act 2 seems to give you options.

addict
addict
So many options in this game it’s easy to take it for granted sometimes.

JandK Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Kar'niss sounds like he would be insanely powerful as a controlled undead.

I've never tried to use the Shadow Curse to make undead.

I wonder if it's possible to turn Z'rell or the Warden into undead? Although they're probably too high level to be able to control. I wouldn't expect to hit level ten until after defeating them.

The strange ox? Could we somehow force the strange ox into becoming an undead variant within the shadow curse?

B
old hand
old hand
B
Karniss probably suffers the same problem as a Glut-rezzed Bulette - too fat to fit in many places.
I think lvl 10 before raiding Monnrise Towers - to get a "mummy" Z'rell - is possible. TBH IIRC I did everything I could before Shadowfell, hence I could had been close to max XP.

addict
addict
During Act 2, Yeet the flask that has the beholder/spectator and let it turn into an undead. And control it for as long as possible.

JandK Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by avahZ Darkwood
During Act 2, Yeet the flask that has the beholder/spectator and let it turn into an undead. And control it for as long as possible.

Unfortunately, I gave the chest to Zarys for Harold and then forgot to pickpocket it back off her before I fast travelled so it disappeared forevermore.

Ironically, I forgot to pickpocket it off her because I went to buy the gloves of thievery from Brem first. After buying them and sorting equipment I immediately fast travelled and slapped myself on the forehead.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by avahZ Darkwood

Argh my eyes. Despite playing for untold hundreds of hours since EA I have never opened this...been saving it for a special occasion. Now its too late ...ah well.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard