Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
JandK Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I watch a lot of BG3 videos on Youtube. I think that must've somehow convinced the algorithm that I want to see ads for some game called Hero Wars. They are the most annoying ads I've ever seen.

(I don't believe in ad blockers.)

Is anyone else forced to sit through those things? Is it just me? Those ads are like fingernails on a chalk board.

JandK Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I take it back. The worst part is trying to log onto the forum, lol.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
The worst part is logging onto the forum and finding that everyone is posting about how terrible the game is because of a bit of the story they didn't like grin

Maybe the ads think that because you played a fantasy game famous for its sex scenes, you want to play another vaguely fantasy-shaped game that seems to be entirely based on telling you you're looking at 'sexy' women. Because obviously you wouldn't be interested in a story-based game for its gameplay or story

B
old hand
old hand
B
Yes, Hero Wars ads are st00pid. Thanks for unraveling the mystery WHY they keep popping up.

D
addict
addict
D
Hero Wars ads are dumb, but on the plus side at least its not an ad for something I might be tempted to spend money on.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by JandK
(I don't believe in ad blockers.)
Whow.

I mean with that you're asking for it.

Is anyone else forced to sit through those things?
I'm never ever forced to watch any ads on YouTube. approvegauntlet

No account + ad blockers.

JandK Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I mean, people have to make money, and it's otherwise a free service. I figure the least I can do is sit through advertisements. I grew up watching commercials after all.

But Hero Wars is probably the worst set of ads I've ever seen. Next to those uncouth ones trying to be edgy or shocking, like Manscape or whatever. I haven't seen any of those in a long time, luckily. I don't know what marketing firm thought folks wanted to watch some dude talk about shaving his testicles.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
never had this one, i am stuck with betterhelp ads even though i mark it as unwanted etc.

B
old hand
old hand
B
I don't know what marketing firm thought folks wanted to watch some dude talk about shaving his testicles.
I had a laghing fit at the "we have 2M customers, that is like 4 million balls" claim.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard