Next Thread
Print Thread
#942034 16/04/24 09:15 AM
Katarsi Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
In my latest playthrough,
I stole the Idol of Silvanus, which made the druids hostile towards tieflings and they killed them all. Meanwhile, I snuck out of the grove while it was happening. Then I went back after the quest log updated, and found that the druids are hostile towards me too. I went through the grove and killed all the druids.

After a long rest, I came back and found that a poisonous cloud is covering the center of the grove.

Then I went to the goblin camp, found Halsin in the dungeon, saved him, and then told him that "all the druids are dead by my hand". He was understandably shocked and asked me why. I told him that the druids attacked me and I had to defend myself. He accepted this response, and proceeded to ask me to kill the leaders in the goblin camp, which I accepted.
So I killed the leaders and went back to Halsin. He told me he has to take care of some business first, and then he'll meet me at camp.

But he never arrived at camp. He just... disappeared.

Is this a bug, or an unfinished quest option?

Last edited by Katarsi; 16/04/24 09:19 AM.

Survivor of Cania
Katarsi #942039 16/04/24 12:36 PM
journeyman
Online Content
journeyman
You need to find him down in the druids grove first before he shows up to your camp, this is what Halsin means by unfinished business so go see if you can relocate him at center of the grove, normally you'll run into Halsin there showing his anger towards Kagha, if she's left alive.

If this doesn't help and you don't see Halsin in your camp party event, I am curios to ask, did you deal with all three goblin leaders in one single run without any long resting?

-edit- Reason I'm asking is if you choose to use non lethal method with any of them like Minthara, you might want to double check by a revisit to goblin's camp to make sure all three of them remain dead or re-doing them without long rest inbetween from an earlier save.

But I am not entirely surprised if something could have bugged out for you, when it comes to Halsin disappearing and not showing up neither in the grove or later in the camp party after initiating a long rest.

Last edited by Xenonian; 16/04/24 12:46 PM.
Xenonian #942040 16/04/24 02:44 PM
Katarsi Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
From the moment I spoke to Halsin in the dungeon, there was no long resting until I dealt with all three leaders. I knocked out Minthara though, but that shouldn't influence anything because it normally doesn't in any similar situation. Halsin still considers that as "eliminated".

I didn't return to the grove after telling him that the leaders are done, because he told me he'll meet me AT CAMP. Not at the grove. He didn't even mention the grove, just that he has to tend to some business first. I didn't even think he'd return to the grove, especially with that poisonous cloud lingering down there.
So I went to the camp and he wasn't there. I long-rested several times afterwards and he still wasn't showing up. The quest log said that he'll meet me at camp and it was stuck at that. Eventually I returned to the grove to check, but he wasn't there either. I downed a potion of poison resistance and searched through the poison cloud, thinking that it perhaps killed him, but nope. There was no trace of him.

I had many playthroughs before this one, and I did this whole thing on purpose because I was role-playing a chaotic Durge who strives to do the right thing but still ends up making a mess because of his inescapable murderous tendencies. I was happy to see that I can actually tell Halsin that killing druids was self-defense, and he understood that. Unfortunately, the game didn't follow up on my choices.

Also, I didn't just steal the idol out of the blue, I went to Mol beforehand and she told me to steal the idol as a revenge because Arabella was dead. I was like, okay, Durge has a twinge of conscience, he didn't figure out the workaround (the game does a tremendous job of not holding your hand in that aspect), so he decided to "make things right". Not a particularly smart move, but, well... brain damage.

Last edited by Katarsi; 16/04/24 02:50 PM.

Survivor of Cania
Katarsi #942042 16/04/24 04:24 PM
journeyman
Online Content
journeyman
You might have stumbled into a permutation that bugged out scriptwise somehow, did you send in a bug report by this form, with your save file included for devs to look at?
Link here for that - https://larian.com/support/faqs/how-to-submit-a-bug-report_85

Xenonian #942044 16/04/24 05:17 PM
Katarsi Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I have deleted that save and the entire character, but I made a new Durge with the same thing in mind. I still didn't get to this point, but if the same thing repeats, I'll make sure to send a proper bug report with the save file. I will also report here about the outcome.

I posted here first primarily because I wanted to see whether this was a common issue and if anybody else had it with this combination of choices. I would still appreciate to see if anyone else could recreate this scenario and successfully manage to get Halsin to come to the camp.

Survivor of Cania
Katarsi #942059 17/04/24 12:11 AM
P
addict
addict
P
If you resolve Kagha and the shadow druids, then the ritual stops and you can steal the idol without the grove going hostile, unless sealing the grove was your goal. As for Halsin, in the times I've raided or not saved the grove, I've found that it took a few long rests before he showed up at my camp. He may potentially show up and be hostile depending on how the game thinks the grove situation went down.

Piff #942066 17/04/24 06:25 AM
Katarsi Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Did you have a conversation with him about the grove, in the goblin dungeon, like I did? I told him I had defended myself when the druids attacked and he accepted that. It wouldn't make sense for him to show up hostile. If there was a choice, I'd even tell him that I stole the idol to stop the ritual and avenge Arabella, but such a thing isn't implemented.

Sealing the grove won't happen if the druids are dead. It happens only if you escape after stealing the idol and don't come back right away to fight the druids. I didn't try this path yet, but I am intrigued about Halsin's reaction to that outcome and whether it's still possible to recruit him like that.

Afaik him showing up hostile is possible only if you tell him you'll kill the leaders but then side with them instead and raid the grove. And also probably if you kill the druids but not tell him about it, but I didn't do that, I decided to be honest with him. Apparently, honesty causes a bug...

I had five or six long rests in my scenario and he didn't show up. I'd say that's way too long.

Also, the more I think about it, the more Halsin's response "I have to take care of some business first and then meet you at camp" doesn't make any sense. What business?? Everybody in the grove is dead, I already told him so. The game should have just immediately sent him to my camp.

Last edited by Katarsi; 17/04/24 07:06 AM.

Survivor of Cania
Katarsi #942072 17/04/24 09:51 AM
journeyman
Online Content
journeyman
Halsin says that for two reasons, either goblin leaders were not properly killed which in your case you did or because he needs to be in grove to tell his druids like Kagha a piece of his mind, that sort of business.

Something just went wrong with your game per say and this is not some new bug, its been an issue as far as 3 months back too, but for those players I have no idea what kind of order they did quests in.
Is possible that something bugged out doing quests in an unexpected sequence of order, not using any installed mods are you?

Link Copied to Clipboard