Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#942057 16/04/24 11:21 PM
ldo58 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I'm in the house of grief, and at some stage in the big fight, my missile fire somehow doesn't hit or miss, it just seems to do nothing. This is my 3rd PT and I 've never seen this before.

When I aim the bow I get a percentage hit, so it's not blocked by darkness or anything because that would be messaged. I fire and nothing happens. It occurred several times on different targets during a while. Before and after that things became normal again, but I can't see why suddenly missiles disappeared for a few turns.
So it looks like a bug to me, but maybe there's an explanation. Has anyone else ever seen this ?

I saved the combat log of 2 occurrences here : (steam screenshots) It logs the missile fired, but no die-roll or result.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....mp;imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....mp;imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

old hand
old hand
Strange. Are you taking damage? Could it be due to the "Reflective Shell" of her shield, which not only protects Vicci, but also her comrades-in-arms by misconception (should actually only protect Vicci).

With some mods, e.g. Artificier class, there are often problems with special ammunition:

Q: Special arrows don't work anymore after installing ImprovedUI
A: SPECIAL ARROWS have been tested extensively and SHOULD WORK. See
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] and [Linked Image from i.imgur.com].
If they don't work on your pre-existing save, it's likely an issue with mod compilation related to UI changes or some game bug, but this mod doesn't touch anything regarding bows or arrows. It seems that if you move the arrow from one stack to another they start working again, also it doesn't affect newly created arrows and new save files.This makes me believe it's a story compilation issue unrelated to this mod (otherwise no stack change could ever fix it).

ldo58 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
No the reflective shell didn't trigger on these arrows. (It certainly did work on other attacks, which largely explains the pittyful state of Lae'zel and Minthara in the screenshots above)
The effect started suddenly and ended several rounds later.

What I do have from time to time is a delay between a swing or shot, and a hit. Up to several seconds sometimes. But never before did I have attacks just "disappearing" completely .
Not something you need in a terrible battle like this one.

Link Copied to Clipboard