Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
addict
addict
D
Any team with the talent to do BG1 and 2 justice in Larian's engine should probably just use that talent to make a new game. BG1 and 2 are just fine as they are.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
I'd love it. Fallout 1 and 2 remakes would also be great.

apprentice
apprentice
Gold Box remakes would be very cool. Curse of the Azure Bonds would be epic with this game engine and 5E ruleset.

"He that can smile at death, as we know him. Who can flourish in the midst of diseases that kill off whole peoples. Oh! If such a one was to come from God, and not the Devil, what a force for good might he not be in this old world of ours."
-Bram Stoker, Dracula
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Phil5000
Fallout 1 and 2 remakes would also be great.
Ever since Tim made his Fallout remake video I have been holding hope. Fallouts 1&2 hold up so well, but could be made so much playable with better UI and some other smaller enhancements.

Last edited by Wormerine; 15/04/24 02:36 PM.
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
I would definitely check this out. BG 1 is good but there is a room for improvement for sure

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
I've been thinking, whilst playing Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance after recently noticing it has been ported to Steam (Thankfully, I can't play my original copies because my ex-GF has my PS2 and DA, DA2 and Champions of Norrath use an engine that doesn't jive with emulators, though ironically Champions: Return to Arms does work on emulator)

But a remake of the 2 original Dark Alliance games could be sick.

It could come with some interesting modern updates to boot such as:

- Character creation (As opposed to using the 3/5 set characters)
- More classes and subclasses
- More expansive and interesting areas (Without old hardware restrictions, there could be a more open world with exploration possibilities)
- Revamped Feat/Skills system (Take inspiration from modern ARPG's like Diablo or Last Epoch)
- More spells and skills (Possibly even a roll button a la Soulslikes)
- More quests, dialogue, interactions (Whilst still using the same core premise for the main story)
- Potential for companions to enhance single player gameplay (Also a way to implement characters and story elements. I.e. DA2 references that 3 heroes killed the BBEG)

Of course, I could see this as being a niche suggestion given that the ARPG games eschew much of the TT rules. But there could still be a market for a story driven ARPG (Especially with the barrage of modern Live Service MTX ridden loot farming simulator ARPG's)

journeyman
journeyman
I’d definitely be interested!

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
In my opinion, the best thing about BG3 is the engine. I think they did a great job of the character animations, graphics and how it interlaces with cut-scenes. That you can have an isometric tactical game flow so naturally into RPG is really impressive and for that alone I think BG3 is special.

Having said that, I actually dislike a lot of the other choices they made, including the way they handle combat rules. I quite like 5th edition D&D, but I dislike the liberties they take including surfaces, barrels, jumping etc. (Though to be fair it is much better than in the EA.) I also disliked their narrative, disliked the companions, and disliked Tav's lack of personality.

So, on balance, I would love to see this engine used to remake games that were mechanically or narratively better, but I wouldn't want Larian to do it. The Pathfinder games, for example, are much better games, mechanically and narratively, but have much poorer graphics and engine.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard