Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hey all! I'm playing my first campaign, so far I've only reached the 2nd Act (Steam shows 236 hours in total), and I have a few comments about what could be done more conveniently. Without gameplay innovations, new mechanics, etc. - just basic improvements for the player's convenience.

1. Provide the ability to rename chests/backpacks (i.e. storage) for more convenient storage/sorting of items.
2. So that read books/notes are marked as “Read” so that the player does not open/read them again.
3. So that painted equipment is marked as “painted with *insert any paint* paint” so that the player, looking at the item, sees and remembers what he painted and with what.
4. Add the ability to “put a block (lock)” on items in the inventory so that they do not move or change places (for example, after a sale or when you change the torch back to a sword with shield), because sometimes things in the inventory when replaced on a character are replaced by other cells.
5. Merchants’ goods are not updated – that is, their inventory is not cleared, and all the goods we sold (including “junk”) remain with them, clogging the list. Do a “assortiment reset” at least after 1-2 long rests (so that it is “cleared” of exactly what we ourselves sold to the merchant).
6. Increase the standard volume of the game (i must to manually add another 15% in Windows settings, although in the game all settings are set to 100).

I hope you will pay attention to my message, and it will be useful when developing future updates to this wonderful - although not without its shortcomings (for example, those that I described above) - game. It's a truly diamond.
Thank you, from all heart with respect and best wishes smile

P.S. Probably someone will say that “all this has been in mods for a long time”, etc., but I would like to see this in the base game, really).

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hey! Does anyone from the devs read this forum?) How can I convey my proposal to them?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by von Langen
Hey! Does anyone from the devs read this forum?) How can I convey my proposal to them?

Good that you recognized it yourself, because there have already been a number of similar threads every few months with no significant results or official statements.

Anyway be sure to use this link (report type = feedback or other): https://larian.com/support/baldur-s-gate-3#modal

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks for the advice! That's exactly what I did now.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Hello! Feedback provided in these forums is forwarded to the development team, even if we don't reply to every thread smile

That said, I cannot confirm if something that has been suggested will be implemented or not, unless it's stated on the patch notes for a Patch ot Hotfix.

old hand
old hand
That is correct. Ideally, any feedback or in case of bugs, game saves or at least screenshots are helpful and should be sent directly to the support. I had the problem months ago that the support themselves asked me to do this because, ironically, they themselves don't have access to our documented reports in this official forum due to the constant Gateway Timeouts...

G
stranger
stranger
G
I agree with these suggestions and I want to add one more myself without creating a new thread:

Add the camp stash in commerce interface right after last party member.

Infact this is a rpg with thousands of drops and loots, the function "send to camp" is a loved feature to have but the average player needs to have a simpler way to sell all the sellables he hoarded without having to go back to camp to take some of them and go to the trader again and again. Or give us a mule that follows us!

addict
Online Content
addict
Originally Posted by Salo
Hello! Feedback provided in these forums is forwarded to the development team, even if we don't reply to every thread smile

That said, I cannot confirm if something that has been suggested will be implemented or not, unless it's stated on the patch notes for a Patch ot Hotfix.
Respectfully, we can be more specific than “cannot confirm”. OP’s suggestions have been made for years to no avail; the team has announced it’s moving on from BG3. These indicate to me that this feedback will have no impact on the game. Suggesting it might is setting OP up for disappointment, IMO.

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.

Link Copied to Clipboard