Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I know this is probably a weird suggestion but, I'm suggesting it mainly bc when people play in multiplayer, they may be making adaptations of prior TTRPG characers who may already be a couple. Or, maybe you may not want to romance companions (NPC) and instead romance another tav/player character instead. I'm finding myself a bit fatigued on companion only relationships anyways (I've romanced all of them at this point).

Idk it would just be a nice option in multiplayer for people who want to play/roleplay their preestablished characters, or make new stories. Etc. But only in multiplayer obvs.

My friend and I adapting WOD characters (a werewolf and a mage) who are an couple cannot romance each other, it would be good if we could/it was an option c:

P
addict
addict
P
I would also like people to be able romance each other in multiplayer, regardless of whether they are playing a Tav or an origin.

But I have a feeling that would be hard to do, and even harder to do right. The dialogue function can be used between player-controlled characters in-game, at least, it could the last time i played multiplayer, which was during EA. What we're lacking is player-to-player approval, which is one of the main factors in how romance progresses with npcs. In order to start romance, there are checks on both approval rating and dialogue choices. If you throw out the need for approval, now it just becomes dialogue choices only, and there is a problem in that i feel like many people want different things out of their romance.

What do you want, specifically?

Do you want to play with your partner and just be able to trigger a romance flag that lets you use dialogue options to smooch your partner's character whenever you both want to? (I am always in favour of more smooches)

Do you want to initiate sex scenes with the other player? (they would have to agree to it, and it would be somewhat awkward with no voice acting, but it could work).

Or, do you want larian to write some kind of romantic progression plot for both players to follow which will eventually end up with the option to kiss and possibly a sex scene, like if you were romancing an origin character?

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I'll be very honest, me as a person, I'm sex/sex scene indifferent, I'm aware I'm in a minority for that. So that stuff in particular I don't really have anything in mind for. I'll leave that to people who actually are proficient in that so to speak lol.

A romance flag you could trigger via whatever settings to allow your tavs/durges/origins kiss, or do more (if people want that) would work imho!

Link Copied to Clipboard