Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ldo58 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
The See invisibility spell from Gale doesn't seem to work very well. I 've taken the habit of casting it on Gale after leaving camp, as it stays active until next long rest, so I'm always prepared.
I also have its glowing icon over Gale's head and next to his avatar, so the spell is active.
Yet when foes become invisible/shrouded, Gale can't see them either. Is this a bug ? Or am I missing something.

ldo58 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
This happened again, but not with Gale this time. My PC , a bard/ranger/mage has the " see invisibility " spell active. And Karlach used it from scroll.

I went into the counting house, we defeated all the Bhaalists except the 4 that turn themselves invisible after each attack.
I have see invisibility active from spell on my PC and from scroll on Karlach. Minthara is casting dancing lights, and the remaining bankers are detecting presence, but no invisible Bhaalist shows up. My party can do nothing, but let itself be attacked and HOPE that a reaction will do some damage to the attacker.
When I click on the icon of one of the bhaalists to "examine" it, it shows status "revealed", so the invisibility should have been broken. But he doesn't show on the map anywhere.
So it was a long fight, my party doing nothing and waiting for the 4 to attack and get a reaction blow. Only helping and healing our own fallen in the mean time. Only 1 banker survived.
This will make it impossible to get through to the end IMO. I don't think I could get into the Bhaal temple if this is not working.

Last edited by ldo58; 02/04/24 04:48 PM.
stranger
stranger
I did the Counting House last night.

Tav has the "See Invisibility" buff from Volo's Ersatz Eye. I noticed that many of the invisible NPCs weren't showing up. My suspicion is that the enemies were using stealth in addition to invisibility, making it more difficult to reveal them. Some Area of Effect spells, grenades, and Cleaves without targets worked well to reveal the hidden assailants. The guards were also revealing some of the invisible NPCs, though not often. The fight can be frustrating, especially since they seem to pop up all over the map.

I hope that helps. Good luck!

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
See Invisibility in BG3 isn't guaranteed to work.

An invisible target rolls a DEX save (DC 15 IIRC) each time it's the turn of the person with See Invisibility (If they're close enough to them that is) and unless they fail the roll, they remain invisible.

As such it's often more effective to simply throw out some AoE damage like tossing a Alchemist's Fire, dropping an AoE spell like Ice Storm/Wall of Fire, or using some ability like Radiance of the Dawn. As damage will break invisibility more consistently than See Invisible/Faerie Fire's saves.

ldo58 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Thanks for the input.
It's the 3rd time I did the countinghouse battle. I never had this situation where the 4 invisible ones never showed up for turns in a row. And the "revealed" status shown in the "examine" window seemed to indicate something was not working properly. (You can still examine an invisible enemy by right clicking on his combat icon on the top of the screen)
I'm not much in favor of throwing AoE attacks blindly in a room, but I guess next time I'll have no other choice, because this fight was really atrocious and not much fun at all. (I'm running on balanced level)

Last edited by ldo58; 02/04/24 07:21 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
They have become a little more "invisible " than usual so probably buffed them with last hot fix .
I have noticed invisibility not working that great hardly revealing any I have volos eye and zombies seem to be struggling with detect presence.

I do Aoe the 4-6 areas with fire,Ice,tentacles,thorns in hopes I'll catch one.
Yurgir was ridiculous the other night 4 of us surrounding him and not detecting him.

ldo58 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I got to the Bhaal temple and confirm that the see invisibility spell doesn't work at all. I have 2 players that can see invisibility (+ Minthara casting faerie fire) , a big lot of invisible bhaalists and a fight that takes many turns and at no time during the fight, the SI worked for any character.

So indeed, all I could do was throw some AOE attacks like thunder wave, trying to avoid hitting on my party. (Because these Bhaalists were standing very close to party members, waiting to strike)
I also tried a vial of acid, making an acid pool, but even that didn't work. The Bhaalist attacked standing right in the pool. It hadn't made him visible either.
It really made these fights a fun-killer. (It feels like playing against a cheating opponent)

Last edited by ldo58; 21/04/24 10:50 PM.
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by ldo58
I got to the Bhaal temple and confirm that the see invisibility spell doesn't work at all. I have 2 players that can see invisibility (+ Minthara casting faerie fire) , a big lot of invisible bhaalists and a fight that takes many turns and at no time during the fight, the SI worked for any character.

Aye, enemy saves are pretty high, especially by Act 3.

The fact that See Invisibility works off Dex saves also means the high Dex Bhaalists have an easier time suceeding those saves. (Made even worse that it's a flat DC and doesn't scale with your character at all)

I also tried a vial of acid, making an acid pool, but even that didn't work. The Bhaalist attacked standing right in the pool. It hadn't made him visible either.

Aye, acid doesn't deal damage, it only reduces AC. So it won't remove invisibility.

So indeed, all I could do was throw some AOE attacks like thunder wave, trying to avoid hitting on my party.

One of the many reasons why Spirit Guardians is such a good spell. Since it's an AoE that won't harm your allies and is guaranteed to deal damage (Even on a save it still does half damage). Many of the other reasons are synergies with Radiant damage from items.

Link Copied to Clipboard