Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I have a reoccurring bug wherein I can't set or select a skill from the skill menu. I can view all the skills and scroll through the skill tree pages but the cursor does not indicate when I'm on a skill and often thinks I'm on a different one altogether. Example, I want to set a hydro skill on my hot bar, I can navigate to the hydro skills but I can't select the skill I want, instead if I pull up the info on it I'll see a geo skill for example. Difficult to explain but a really annoying bug. Restarting the game sometimes fixes it but more times than not it doesn't. I haven't been able to find anything indicating others are experiencing this bug so not sure what to do.

Support
Support

There should be a highlight box around the selected skill.
If you open the info pane, and then go through the skill categories and scroll through different skills, does that get the information to update properly? Did you try the left stick and Dpad to scroll through the skill lists?

If you are playing multiplayer (online or split screen), does the same thing happen in single player, or in a new game (if you pick presets that have multiple skills in the same category)? In a new game, don't move up the beach when testing, or an auto save may overwrite a save from your current playthrough.

Try clearing the PS4 cache: press and hold the PlayStation button on the controller, select 'Turn Off PS4', wait another 30 second after it finishes shutting down, and start it again.

If you start the game from a different PS4 account, if available, and start a new game, do you still have this problem? That would give a separate drive space for saves.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard